Cheaptickets 20% on some Disney Resorts

PaulisB

Earning My Ears
Wanted to share the savings. I booked Port Orleans Riverside this March on Cheaptickets.com with a code and saved about $230 from the original prices on disney.com. It gets you 20% off! Happy planning!

Cheaptickets.com
Promo code: CHEAPSTER
Minimum stay: 1 or more nights
Book by March 6, 2016, travel by September 30, 2016

Last edited:
Just wanted to add an update. The code is now: CLOVER20

Also please note that this works on desktop only. The mobile app won't allow you to apply the code. The best method is to select the resort and room you want, then add the promo code below during checkout and it will be applied so you will see your 20% savings.

Thanks for posting this! I've been looking for discounts for April with no luck. This saved us a good chunk!

What is the minimum savings it would take for you to book thru CheapTickets?

$50?
$100?
$150?

I recently booked thru Orbitz and saved over $100. It was a bit of hassle because they changed all of my profile information to their address and phone number and I had to change it several times in the system.

THe only other issue I see with booking through them rather than Disney is the fact that you have to pay everything up front.

I have a current AP discount for July but just saw that I can save $200 thru CheapTickets. Would you first book thru CheapTickets then link to MDE then cancel original Disney ressie? Would you first cancel the original ressie then book thru CheapTickets? What is the easiest, most hassle free, safest process, do you think?

Remember you have to call Disney to get the correct number to link to MDX, after you have booked.

There may also be a $25 cancellation fee for any cancellation through Cheaptickets. Check your terms.

I'd check availability before cancelling anything. You can always cancel the old reservation when you call to get the MDX confirmation number.

Remember you have to call Disney to get the correct number to link to MDX, after you have booked.

There may also be a $25 cancellation fee for any cancellation through Cheaptickets. Check your terms.

I'd check availability before cancelling anything. You can always cancel the old reservation when you call to get the MDX confirmation number.

I actually called Cheap Tickets about 2 weeks ago to get my code. They did put me on hold to call Disney. If you call Disney, what info do you give them to identify the reservation?

I recently booked thru Orbitz and saved over $100. It was a bit of hassle because they changed all of my profile information to their address and phone number and I had to change it several times in the system.

I think that might be the case with any travel agent you book with - the address in MDE is the agent's and you have to change it to your address. (I've booked Orbitz, and also a full service (human being!) TA, and when I go to MDE to choose MagicBands, it always has the TA's address. I think its just how it works? I find it odd that no one points this out - i.e., if you didn't care about MB colors, and just left it (assuming gray would show up), you wouldn't receive them.

Last edited:

I think that might be the case with any travel agent you book with - the address in MDE is the agent's and you have to change it to your address. (I've booked Orbitz, and also a full service (human being!) TA, and when I go to MDE to choose MagicBands, it always has the TA's address. I think its just how it works? I find it odd that no one points this out - i.e., if you didn't care about MB colors, and just left it (assuming gray would show up), you wouldn't receive them.

The time that we forgot to customize our Magic Bands was when we booked through Orbitz. Disney never mailed them- just told us to pick them up at the resort. They may be doing this now since so many bands were being shipped to TAs.

Wanted to share the savings. I booked Port Orleans Riverside this March on Cheaptickets.com with a code and saved about $230 from the original prices on disney.com. It gets you 20% off! Happy planning!

Cheaptickets.com
Promo code: CHEAPSTER
Minimum stay: 1 or more nights
Book by March 6, 2016, travel by September 30, 2016

Thank you for the info!

I just booked at Riverside. The base price everywhere was $266, but I wanted a Royal Room. It was $288. With all taxes it came to $324.

CheapTickets with the TRAVELER20 code got me into the room I wanted for a total of $266.41!

Thanks PaulisB! :worship::D

I actually called Cheap Tickets about 2 weeks ago to get my code. They did put me on hold to call Disney. If you call Disney, what info do you give them to identify the reservation?

I booked one other time through Expedia. I waited a couple weeks and gave Disney a call. They asked me for the check-in date and name and pulled it up that way. They provided me with their reservation number so I could link it. It was a breeze.

Disney DID ask me how long ago I had booked through Expedia. I guess it's not immediately available so wait a few days and then call them.

No hassle with the Disney end at all.

If I booked through this site, can I still use magic bands, etc.? How does that work? Are there any negatives to buying this way?

eta we are travelling in just 2 weeks - checking in 4/17

If I booked through this site, can I still use magic bands, etc.? How does that work? Are there any negatives to buying this way?

eta we are travelling in just 2 weeks - checking in 4/17

Once you get your reservation linked to your MDE it is all the same. I booked POR for August through cheaptickets, and customized my magic bands already. I would think any existing magic bands should work if they are active. You just can't make any changes, or cancel through disney. Would need to do it through cheaptickets.

Last edited:
Might actually be able to talk my husband into sneaking in a June trip thanks to this code! Can you add a dining plan after you book this way once you get your MDE linked up?

Might actually be able to talk my husband into sneaking in a June trip thanks to this code! Can you add a dining plan after you book this way once you get your MDE linked up?

I am not %100 sure, but I believe if you book a room through a third party site dining cannot be added after. It's usually tied to your room reservation/ticket package through Disney directly or a TA.

I am not %100 sure, but I believe if you book a room through a third party site dining cannot be added after. It's usually tied to your room reservation/ticket package through Disney directly or a TA.
Ok not a big deal.... we'd probably save money not being on the dining plan anyway and definitely wouldn't eat as much but it's nice not worrying about buying the most expensive things or doing several character meals in a day!

I booked one other time through Expedia. I waited a couple weeks and gave Disney a call. They asked me for the check-in date and name and pulled it up that way. They provided me with their reservation number so I could link it. It was a breeze.

Disney DID ask me how long ago I had booked through Expedia. I guess it's not immediately available so wait a few days and then call them.

No hassle with the Disney end at all.

Okay, an update. I called Disney about a week ago. They pulled my CheapTickets reservation up and automatically added it to my Disney account. I didn't even have to do it myself. Now there is no difference in how we booked originally. We're Disney.

I went ahead and set up our Magic Bands and now we're all set. pixiedust:

Current code: hightide

Thanks for sharing this! We had a wilderness lodge standard view package booked, but were concerned about construction noise. With this, we were able to switch to courtyard view for just a bit more. About a $500 savings over the summer offer!

question - checking this out for April 2017 and it says all on property resorts are sold out except Swan and Dolphin. Are they really sold out or does cheaptickets not have access to them this early?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter