Cheapest Dessert Party Option for less than 10 guests?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
What is the cheapest option to have a DP for only 5-10 guests? Not picky about location or type of food-just curious.

Thanks~

weird I clicked it again from above and it worked:
I copied and pasted for you the info on that link
Basic Dessert Party Pricing

NOTE: These food and beverage minimums are for dessert parties only. Certain locations have higher minimums for a full meal.
IllumiNations at Epcot
  • Venue Rental Fee: $150-$500, depending on location
  • Food & Beverage Minimums: $250-$2,500, depending on location
  • Viewing Fee: $10/guest for Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings events or $12.95/guest without admission for Disney Catered Events
  • Backstage transportation may be required at an additional cost
Wishes at the Grand Floridian
  • Venue Rental Fee: none
  • Sago Cay Pointe (10-75 guests) Food & Beverage Minimums: $1,250
  • Marina Patio & Terrace (20-100 guests) Food & Beverage Minimums: $2,500
  • Viewing Fee: none
  • Wishes Soundtrack Fee: $500 up to 50 guests / $650 50-75 guests / $775 75-100 guests
Wishes at the Contemporary
  • Venue Rental Fee: none
  • West Rotunda Courtyard/Patio (20 to 80 guests) Food & Beverage Minimums: $500
  • Porte-Cochere (50-500 guests) Food & beverage Minimums: $1,250
  • Viewing Fee: none
  • Wishes Soundtrack Fee: $500 up to 50 guests / $650 50-75 guests / $775 75-100 guests
Fantasmic! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • Venue Rental Fee: $250
  • Small Patio (up to 40 guests) Food & Beverage Minimums: $400
  • Large Patio (40-100 guests) Food & BeverageMinimums: $750
  • Viewing Fee: $12.95/guest without admission
  • Backstage transportation may be required at an additional cost
A Note About Transportation…
Whether or not you are required to hire transportation for your in-park event depends on its location. Usually Epcot venues close to the International Gateway do not require transportation because everyone can meet the included event guide at International Gateway and walk in. Some couples have also arranged to have the guide meet their guests at Epcot’s main gate. If your coordinator requires you to book transportation, this does not have to be a pricey chartered motor coach unless you have a large group. Groups of about 40 or fewer will find it cheaper to take multiple $40 one-way vans backstage.

I'm in your same boat. I am looking at about 8 people if my sisters family doesn't come. I was looking at Bonsai Terrace. I don't know who the credit is on the 2nd picture (my apologies!) the first is obviously more professionally done. But I saw that & was in awe. Carrie's book has a lot of info that helped. And her UK Pubside is also another option I'm looking at as well. Which my teenager & I have a thing for sushi, & he loves Japan.

bonsai terrace 2 illuminations.jpg Japan-Terrace-1-1000x563.jpg

Ok I have a question on the Bonsai Terrace & UK Pubside locations.

Are you able to have chairs at the Bonsai Terrace for guests to sit? I didn't know if there would be enough room or not?
And about how many people could you fit to sit at UK Pubside?

Oh here's another option for you, to which I am going to be doing for our Memories wedding.

Since there is a food/bev minimum you need to meet & venue fees etc, I opted to do a Fireworks Cruise. Each of the 25' pontoon boats hold 10 people.
I did find out that you can have Private Dining do a small dessert set up as well, but it's nothing fancy. I was only looking at doing cupcakes & cookies.
And this is a lot cheaper to do.

Unless you really want that Dessert Party/reception feeling, go with the Party idea.
If you want something not as "formal" then look into the Fireworks cruise. You still will be away from the crowds

Oh here's another option for you, to which I am going to be doing for our Memories wedding.

Since there is a food/bev minimum you need to meet & venue fees etc, I opted to do a Fireworks Cruise. Each of the 25' pontoon boats hold 10 people.
I did find out that you can have Private Dining do a small dessert set up as well, but it's nothing fancy. I was only looking at doing cupcakes & cookies.
And this is a lot cheaper to do.

Unless you really want that Dessert Party/reception feeling, go with the Party idea.
If you want something not as "formal" then look into the Fireworks cruise. You still will be away from the crowds
How do I book this?

From what I have seen, You call (407) 939-7529 (WDW-PLAY) to book the fireworks cruises. I believe you need to have it paid for in advance.
When you talk with the cast member you get on the phone, I'm sure they will give you all the details. Depending on which fireworks cruise you are looking at,
will depend on which hotel dock you will leave from too. And you want to book that puppy early! I think hte rule of thumb for Disney is 180 days. So as soon as your 180 day mark hits, start calling like right before they open.
Especially for an Illuminations cruise.

If you want food, you will need to call Disney's Private Dining. (I don't have that # on me, but I'm sure the cast member you get on the fireworks line should be able to help you)

I think what we are going to do, since there is only 6 of us, I might be just holding all the desserts in our hotel room celebration & then just leave for the fireworks cruise. That way I'm not worried about hauling food,
worried if the desserts will make it etc. Less stress. By the time the cruise will be over with, it's going to be late & I'm sure everyone will be tired.

From Carrie's book, if you do the dessert party at Illuminations, the 10 person minimum I believe you can book, but you will have to pay for the extra people to equal out the 10.
For my budget, it was just too expensive, especially with having to meet the food & beverage minimums. (And all that food!!)

From what I have seen, You call (407) 939-7529 (WDW-PLAY) to book the fireworks cruises. I believe you need to have it paid for in advance.
When you talk with the cast member you get on the phone, I'm sure they will give you all the details. Depending on which fireworks cruise you are looking at,
will depend on which hotel dock you will leave from too. And you want to book that puppy early! I think hte rule of thumb for Disney is 180 days. So as soon as your 180 day mark hits, start calling like right before they open.
Especially for an Illuminations cruise.

If you want food, you will need to call Disney's Private Dining. (I don't have that # on me, but I'm sure the cast member you get on the fireworks line should be able to help you)

I think what we are going to do, since there is only 6 of us, I might be just holding all the desserts in our hotel room celebration & then just leave for the fireworks cruise. That way I'm not worried about hauling food,
worried if the desserts will make it etc. Less stress. By the time the cruise will be over with, it's going to be late & I'm sure everyone will be tired.

From Carrie's book, if you do the dessert party at Illuminations, the 10 person minimum I believe you can book, but you will have to pay for the extra people to equal out the 10.
For my budget, it was just too expensive, especially with having to meet the food & beverage minimums. (And all that food!!)
Thanks. I'm going to call about this. I'm getting nowhere with my planner for the dessert party.

They include soda, water, chips, popcorn and pretzels on the cruise. Private dining can do more as well

If you don't use the fairytale weddings, but have a illumnations dessert party on your wedding day and hire out a small area (such as the UK pubside etc), are you allowed to wear a wedding dress? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter