Cheapest 9 or 10 day PH+WP tickets?

pjpoppins

DIS Veteran
Embarrassed to ask after many trips but we've only done vacation packages through Disney. Our friend are coming down for 9 nights at FW. It looks like UT and Tickets at Work are tied for the 10 day (UT does offer 9 day, TaW doesn't).

Also, if we want (my party only, staying 16 nights and planning a few more trips) wants to buy AP's should we buy the 10 day passes from UT or TaW and then upgrade to AP when we get there?
Thanks!!!

Are you using the Mousesaver's link to UT that is in their newsletter? It's usually a little bit cheaper. I have read that using at least a day of the tickets before upgrading is the cheapest way. When you use them, they give you the full retail price of the tickets towards the AP. Whereas, if you upgrade before using, then they give you the amount you paid UT, which is a little less than full retail. The following is what @Dan Murphy replied to my AP thread. I haven't tried any of this yet. I am hoping to get mine in March.

"4-Day Park Hopper with Water Park Fun & More. Saves $37, $38 if going through Mousesavers link. If you do not use the water and more option, and you use the ticket at least for one park entry, you will be able to upgrade to a regular AP."

If you wait to upgrade to AP's you will have to wait to make your FP+ reservations for those 6 additional days (which may not be a deal breaker on a 16 day trip)

Are you staying on or off site? With off site, I think you can only make a rolling 7 days of FP+ Within the 30 day window.

FYI, you can upgrade a WP ticket to a normal AP, but if you use any water park entitlement, you can only upgrade to the Platinum AP (with water park access)

Get the annual passes now and you can get your fastpasses and any room discounts for AP only before this trip. While not wildly better, it's a little savings and 16 days will add up fast.

We are staying onsite at Fort Wildnerness. I haven't seen any AP discounts for the campgrounds or else I would purchase now to get the discount.

If I bought them now, would they be activated today (and thus expire 2/9/2017) or would they expire one year from first park admission? I want to get a trip in in October and then next April so that's a deciding factor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter