Cheaper ro book excursions now or in port?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Delrea, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Delrea

Delrea Mouseketeer

I'm just wondering if its less expensive to wait and book excursion when we get to each port (if available of course).

2. Belle4

Belle4 Mouseketeer

If you are booking through the cruise line, the cost will be the same. If you are going to get off and make your own plans it is usually cheaper.

3. sambycat

sambycat DIS Veteran

NonDCL excursions? Logistically that might be difficult to make it somewhere, hope there is space and be able to book - generally, to me that would not be worth the effort/last minute-ness for an unlikely to be found discount (nonDCL excursions tend to be cheaper for a variety if reasons). DCLwise, i've not experienced/noticed or heard people talking about same day DCL discounts, and many of them fill up and sell out ahead of time DCL excursions are booked whenever You book them but you don't pay for them until they happen (via shipboard account)

4. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

As above, the DCL price will be the same regardless of when you book.

In many ports there are vendors standing around the port area trying to sell their stuff. I have not experienced this with any of the reputable companies you'll see discussed on the boards--they do advance bookings. Whether or not to go with one of these "at the pier" companies would depend to me on what we were doing. An island tour that is supposed to get back 4 hours before "all aboard" time--maybe. An all day activity including equipment, etc....I'd prefer to go with someone I can research in advance.