Cheaper rate thru orbitz but have double res now

Thank you so much for posting this! I was originally looking at a value resort and waiting on my TA. I booked thru Orbitz and was able to book at POR vs. a value resort and still saved $$. For POR, I saved over $300 from the Disney site.

I priced out some great deals this morning. Just went back on and the rates at most of the Disney resorts seem to have gone up by 20% to offset the discount (at least during my dates.

Wahoo...with the Orbitz 20% savings we were able to upgrade from Value to POFQ, which is where I had my heart on staying anyhow. :yay:

This is a pretty terrific deal. For the same price as a Swan/YC split stay, I can book a Garden View room at the BC, at a $500 savings over booking through Disney directly.

I love the Swan, but it's only available for 4 of the 6 nights I need. Since I'm not a fan of split stays, anyway, I think I'm going to switch my reservation and put down roots at the Beach Club for the week.

Thank you, OP, for sharing this information with us.

I am continuing to get 2 different sets of pricing through Orbitz. One set if I only insert 2 adults as occupancy and a more expensive price if I enter 2 adults and 2 children (with ages 3 and 7). I thought Disney does not charge extra for kids? I assume this is an Orbitz error.

Can I book as 2 adults through Orbitz and then inform Disney directly that there will also be 2 kids with the reservation?

Did anyone get an email from orbitz with Disney 12 digit confirmation number yet? I booked at 8p on 3/2. I have read that with that we can add it on disney site " my experiences". Will wait until tomorrow then call orbitz.
Thanks!

You can see the Disney confirmation numbers if you go into the reservation details and then as if you are printing it out...my Disney confirm. details show a 6 digit confirmation, combination of letters and numbers (and this is different from the Orbitz confirmation number).

You can see the Disney confirmation numbers if you go into the reservation details and then as if you are printing it out...my Disney confirm. details show a 6 digit confirmation, combination of letters and numbers (and this is different from the Orbitz confirmation number).

I understand from other posts that works for ME but it does not work to add my ressie on disney:(

Just tried this and my Orbitz cost was more than through disney. Weird!

I was able to find the same hotel I had booked with disney with orbits' spring sale and then added SPRING 20 and got both discounts. I went back and booked my 2 night stay at CBR and saved $56 more. I am doing 2 nights at CBR and Poly CL for 3 nights. Truly I saved 500 over my annual pass holder discount.

Make sure you find a room marked with spring sale then when booking add the SPRING20. Took a few tries for me to figure it out.

GOOD LUCK!

I have not received a disney confirmation I can link yet either. And I hadn't realized that my child was being charged as an adult and have emailed orbitz too! I haven't cancelled my disney reservation yet (mainly because the hold times have been so long) but I might just be keeping that reservation after all this! It's making me nervous that I will be checking in with wrong info and my savings aren't nearly as much as some others here!

I have not received a disney confirmation I can link yet either. And I hadn't realized that my child was being charged as an adult and have emailed orbitz too! I haven't cancelled my disney reservation yet (mainly because the hold times have been so long) but I might just be keeping that reservation after all this! It's making me nervous that I will be checking in with wrong info and my savings aren't nearly as much as some others here!

Orbitz hasn't given me a Disney-system confirmation number.

only 7 dollars difference here......not even sure that was worth my time:rotfl2:

First orbitz booking so... Was lost.

For ME you can call after 3 days ( as told to me by ME operator) or
Go to www.disneysmagicalexpress.com you can enter the 6 digit confirmation number(mix of numbers and letters, that came in email )and follow prompts. At the end I received an email confirmation.

To get online check-in you can go to www.mydisneyreservation.com,
However even though I could get to a screen with my name and res number I could not "check-in". So I emailed orbitz and asked for 12 digit disney res number. Took 8 hours but I got it! Then added it on my experiences page and could check in. Note: does not work on iPod/iPhone/ipad etc. you need to be on pc to check in within 60 days, (the new experiences section)the old site won't let you check in ( not sure about within 10days).

Hope that helps. So happy to be checked in!

Ps, I noticed my address was Chicago/ orbitz so make sure you change address so check in will be smooth:)

I have filed complaints with Orbitz about this issue of the child being charged as extra adult issue, and asked for a supervisor to review it and am getting nowhere. Their responses appear to be "canned" as they do not address my point. I also get the feeling, based on how the response is worded that I am not communicating with people where English is their primary language.

Today I got an email survey today from Orbitz asking about my opinions with the customer service issue I filed, and I filled it in as "completely dissatisfied" with their handling of my issue. I asked that a manager who had product knowledge of WDW resorts contact me. I will be interested to see if/what I hear back.

If a better discount from Disney comes out I will cancel the Orbitz one as it is 100% refundable, but right now even with the extra adult charge we are way less!!

Call up Orbitz and ask them for the Disney confirmation. They should be able to give it to you over the phone (or try chat). I ended up booking through Hotels.com with a discount code and just called them to get my Disney confirmation number today. Once I had it I plugged it into the Disney site and now my reservation shows up there. I then booked ME.

I booked with SPRING15. Didn't know about SPRING20. With SPRING15 I saved $240+ on the room over 6 nights. The Disney offer also discounts tickets by 15%. Assuming I can't tack on tickets since I booked room only through orbitz? Cost with Undercover Tourist Tickets still has a savings however, totaling $173.29 for both room and tickets.

I could save $150 over my AP rate if only I could get around the thing with the kids! No way around this, right?

We need two rooms at Pop Century. Right now for six nights with the AP discount our total is $1309.

If I only put 2 occupants in each room with the Orbitz discount it comes out to $578.91 for each room, which is obviously a better deal. However, when I add the three kids in, it goes up and beyond the AP discount.

I could save $150 over my AP rate if only I could get around the thing with the kids! No way around this, right?

We need two rooms at Pop Century. Right now for six nights with the AP discount our total is $1309.

If I only put 2 occupants in each room with the Orbitz discount it comes out to $578.91 for each room, which is obviously a better deal. However, when I add the three kids in, it goes up and beyond the AP discount.

If you have both the money to do it and patience, try this.
Book with 2 occupants each. email or call orbitz for your disney 12 digit confirmation number(see my post above). With that call Disney and add kids. Disney should be able to do with 12 digit code, from what I read can't do with the 6 digit code.
Good luck!

You can add tickets to your Orbitz reservation but it's not a package. It's an additional purchase of tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter