Cheap ideas for 2nd grade classroom Halloween Party games

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by haley's mom, Oct 20, 2010.

1. haley's mom

haley's mom DIS Veteran

So next week I was picked to help volunteer at my DD7's 2nd grade Halloween Party. The party lead called yesterday and she will handle the craft, but we need 1-2 games to play.

Looking for fun, easy, cheap ideas.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bigmama67

bigmama67 DIS Veteran

Here are some things we used to do at DS' parties:

lollipop pitch (the kids stand behind a line and try to throw as many of the Dum Dum pops as they can into a bowl in a set time, say 15 seconds)

bobbing for apples

pin the nose on the pumpkin (get a BIG pumpkin and use paper cutout triangles with tape on the back)

Here's another good one:
    Get enough packs of those grow capsules to have 1 capsule for each kid. Set up small bowls of warm water and put the kids in teams. The capsules come in 4 colors so there could be 4 kids at each bowl (red, yellow, blue, green) and see whose capsule opens first! The kids take home the little sponge animals as a prize.

If I think of any more I'll let you know. :3dglasses

4. DisneyRunner2009

DisneyRunner2009 DIS Veteran

You could do the peeled grapes for eye balls, spaghetti for brains, dried apricots for ears etc.

5. lovesmurfs

lovesmurfs DIS Veteran

6. luckey-lasvegas

luckey-lasvegas All our $$ is in IRA's - Ice Rink Activities

7. luvmy3

luvmy3 <font color=green>When I drink I find its easier t

Toilet paper mummy race. Group the kids into teams and they race to see who can wrap their mummy using TP, the fastest.

8. Lovin' Disney

Lovin' Disney Mouseketeer

Mummy bowling--get a cheap plastic bowling set, wrap the pins with medical tape, and draw on eyes.

Pumpkin golf--Carve a pumpkin with a huge opening for the mouth. Make a small ramp from wood/cardboard. Buy a golf club from the thrift store.

I run a Halloween festival for our school and of our games, these would be the easiest to modify for a classroom.

Pin the nose on the pumpkin would be fun, too.

9. haley's mom

haley's mom DIS Veteran

I'm loving these ideas. Keep them coming:):)

10. StephMK

StephMK DIS Veteran

Pumpkin bowling - the pumpkin is the ball & use 2L bottles for the pins. I put a little water in them to weigh them down slightly & decorated them to look like Halloween characters. It was very low craft ability - I used construction paper to wrap one as a mummy, used a green bottle for Frankenstein & a witch, drew a black cat on one, etc. If you shop at Costco, their white milk jugs make cute ghosts, just draw on the eyes & a mouth.

Mummy making w/toilet paper is a huge hit too!

Candy corn relay - see which team can fill a cup with candy corn first. Set 2 lines & they can only use a spoon to transport them.

11. bigmama67

bigmama67 DIS Veteran

And pretzels for "bones". :goodvibes

12. miksilver

miksilver DIS Veteran