Cheap Car Rental

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by bjkj, Aug 19, 2005.

1. bjkj

bjkj Mouseketeer

Hi there. I was hoping to rent a car for our 9 day trip. I was budgeting around $200. I don't know what I was thinking because I seem to be WAY off! Does anyone know of the cheapest, best car rentals? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. powellrj

powellrj DIS Veteran

I would check the transportation board, there are lots of great threads about car rentals!

4. JoiseyMom

JoiseyMom <font color=orange>Have you had your SPANX today??

I got a 10 day rental for an intermediate car with a free upgrade to full size for 202 from dollar. Go to www.mousesavers.com and check out the codes their for the different car rental companies. You also need to keep checking becuase the do go down at times.

5. MyGoofy26

MyGoofy26 DIS Veteran

I've always had the best luck with Alamo at a week and a half to two weeks before the date I need to pick up the car. Prices seem to bottom out right around then, when it gets close and they have a better idea of how many cars will be sitting around unrented. But don't wait too long, because they go way up again when you get too close to the date.

But I'd find something that won't nauseate you to have to pay, and keep an eye on rates a couple weeks before you leave and try and get a better deal. I've always gotten the best deal at Alamo when I wait til that 2 week mark and couple it with an Entertainment coupon.

6. RichNKatHolly

RichNKatHolly DIS Veteran

10 days late nov-dec with Thrifty was $180 intermediate. I used a code from the Orlando Magic Card also listed on Mousesavers. Thrifty is offsite though but from the reviews I've seen the shuttle is always on hand.

Good luck!

7. Colinsmom

Colinsmom DIS Veteran

9 days with Thrifty in late September, full size, $191 including taxes.

8. peacefulgirl

peacefulgirl DIS Veteran

I used alamo in the past and did well

9. gabbysmom04

gabbysmom04 DIS Veteran

by using codes from mousesavers and the bj's website I was able to get a mid sized car from alamo for sept. for a week for $140.00 I love mousesavers and this budget board! :goodvibes