Chase Disney Visa Illuminations viewing area, is there one?

RAD

DIS Veteran
Going to WDW the week of Christmas (yea, I know we're crazy). Is there a special viewing area in Epcot for Illuminations during that time? If yes where is it and what are the rules for getting in, especially how many are allowed. We have a group of 12 to 15 and the wife and I both have a card (two separate accounts), could we all get in? Thanks

No, there is no Disney Visa Illuminations viewing area that I've ever seen or heard about. What made you ask? Have you seen one somewhere?

I know they had this at Food & Wine in 2014, but I don't think they did it this year - and it's not a regular, every day thing in general.

They actually did have it when we were there during F&W this year...you checked in and got in before the show by the Italian Pavilion. Not sure if they're still doing it.

We randomly found it when we were there during F&W. Had never heard about it before so asked and they said they have it on various days when the space wasn't being used for other events. It was really a great view and pretty uncrowded. Wouldn't have know it was there if I hadn't randomly walked over to see what the space was!

During the 2015 F&W, they had it-sometimes. On the day I was in the lounge, they announced that they weren't giving out wrist bands for it that day because Disney was using it for a private event. My guess is that Disney decided that they wanted to have it available for private events all the time and reclaimed it.

They had it this year during f&w. It's by America. Even on the weekends we had no problem getting in, plenty of room. I'm not sure about this time of the year, but that would be great!

The reason why Chase is involved during Food & Wine (lounge, wristbands for illuminations or concerts) is because they are a major sponsor of F&W. They have not been a sponsor of Flower & Garden in the past so there is no lounge or wrist bands during that event or other times of the year.

During the 2015 F&W, they had it-sometimes. On the day I was in the lounge, they announced that they weren't giving out wrist bands for it that day because Disney was using it for a private event. My guess is that Disney decided that they wanted to have it available for private events all the time and reclaimed it.

Same here it was booked for a private event instead - I was curious and wanted to see what the event was so I walked over there later in the day just to be nosy. It was a wedding reception - the bride looked beautiful and I loved the bridesmaid dresses.

I have not been aware of Disney Visa viewing for holiday Illuminations .... I do know it used to be included with Candlelight Processional packages.

Last year we did the Chase Visa Illuminations area for Food & Wine. Very disappointed. It's a good location but shape wise more a square so if you weren't early to be on the wall you were just out of luck. Half our group just finally sat down and didn't watch the show as we were at least 10 deep. Will never bother with that again when there are so many good spots easier to get.

Last year we did the Candlelight Processional and based on previous years reports we thought Illuminations viewing was included. Most bloggers and sites even discussed the Illuminations guaranteed viewing area for 2014. As we arrived at the usual viewing area - we found it changed to the new FastPass+ viewing area (previous FP+ area had been smaller and to the side). CMs told us that with the new FP+ area and Illuminations Dessert Party, a viewing area for Candlelight Packages was no longer included. We luckily has showed up early so managed a great spot by Rose & Crown - but was very disappointing.

I have not been aware of Disney Visa viewing for holiday Illuminations .... I do know it used to be included with Candlelight Processional packages.

Last year we did the Chase Visa Illuminations area for Food & Wine. Very disappointed. It's a good location but shape wise more a square so if you weren't early to be on the wall you were just out of luck. Half our group just finally sat down and didn't watch the show as we were at least 10 deep. Will never bother with that again when there are so many good spots easier to get.

Last year we did the Candlelight Processional and based on previous years reports we thought Illuminations viewing was included. Most bloggers and sites even discussed the Illuminations guaranteed viewing area for 2014. As we arrived at the usual viewing area - we found it changed to the new FastPass+ viewing area (previous FP+ area had been smaller and to the side). CMs told us that with the new FP+ area and Illuminations Dessert Party, a viewing area for Candlelight Packages was no longer included. We luckily has showed up early so managed a great spot by Rose & Crown - but was very disappointing.
In the new issue of WDW Magazine they actually stated the CP package included Illuminations viewing area for this year 2015. I knew it did not and I actually emailed them to inform them. Since the magazine is electronic I am waiting to see if they bother to update it. So, I can see how you thought so last year, and am sure there will be many disappointed people this year as well.

Is the viewing area being discussed different than the one at the Gateway between Future World and World Showcase? The one you can get a Fastpass for?

Is the viewing area being discussed different than the one at the Gateway between Future World and World Showcase? The one you can get a Fastpass for?
Yes, this was a separate one that Chase had set up for their Disney Visa card holders, looks like only at F&W fest time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter