Charging to room question

mindyd

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I know a value resort charging limit is $500 but can you put two credit cards on file for each person me and my husband and would we both have $500 or would we have $500 total?

Thanks!

I don't think it works like that but to clarify the 500 limit thing:

YOu are not limited to $500. Here is what happens. Once you reach $500 they charge that to your credit card on file and you basically get zerod out and start over again. They just keep charging your card everytime you reach 500. You will not be declined once you reach 500 on your room key

When you reach your 500 dollar limit, you will be denied. It happened to me. What I do is when I know I am close, I go to the front desk and have them charge my card. They do not automatically pay off your charges until the end of your stay.

When you reach your 500 dollar limit, you will be denied. It happened to me. What I do is when I know I am close, I go to the front desk and have them charge my card. They do not automatically pay off your charges until the end of your stay.
That didn't happen to us. When we reached 500, they charged my credit card on file and when that wen't through, I got another 500

This is the way it has always worked with us. You will need to OK the billing so they can start over.

Maybe there is an option when you check in to have it automatically charged because I don't remember ever being denied and we wen't over the charge limit

We too were denied at one time. We just paid cash and later went to the front desk to have it cleared. They told me them that the store could have called and had it cleared right then so you could use it.

But you do have to tell them to clear it. It doesn't happen automatically. At least it didn't for us. And I specifically asked them about it at check in.

Hi,

I know a value resort charging limit is $500 but can you put two credit cards on file for each person me and my husband and would we both have $500 or would we have $500 total?

Thanks!

It's $500 total. But like others have said, that is not the ultimate limit. It's just a "milepost". You will basically get "checked" for every $500 you charge.

Thats just wrong! Why would they set a limit unless you ask for it at check-in? I'm not staying at a value but boy I can tell you I would be plenty steamed if I went to purchase something/charge something and it came back with denied because some hotel had decided to tell me how much I could charge!!!! What a load of hooey! :(

Since you're putting the charge on the hotel account, they surely can and do set limits. If you don't want their limit to apply, just pay with your credit card.

Like others mentioned, our experience was that when we hit our limit, they charged our credit card and we started from $0 balance again. However, evidently, they do it differently for different guests.

. . . I know a value resort charging limit is $500 but can you put two credit cards on file for each person me and my husband and would we both have $500 . . .

1) Yes, you can.
2) Each room key can have it's own credit card associated with it.
3) Actually, everyone in the room can have their own credit card on the room key.
4) In that case, each room key has its own limit.

Example: ($1,500 per physical room, instead of $500 per physical room)
. . . Mom uses her own VISA credit card ($500)
. . . Dad uses his own MasterCard credit card ($500)
. . . Daughter uses her own VISA debit card ($500)

....boy I can tell you I would be plenty steamed if I went to purchase something/charge something and it came back with denied because some hotel had decided to tell me how much I could charge!!!! What a load of hooey! :(

In the past week or so, I read on another post that this threshold before it's officially charged to your plastic varies based on which type of resort you are staying at. At Values it's $500, at Moderates it's $1,000, and at Deluxes it's $1,500. You can elect to set a lower limit of you want.

As previously mentioned, if you reach the limit during your stay, you can simply visit or call your resort's front desk and authorize a new room charge to be set up.

"If you don't want their limit to apply, just pay with your credit card"

But the whole point of your KTTW is so you don't have to carry your credit card with you! I think they should ask you at check-in to indicate if you'd like a credit limit on your KTTW.

Indeed, it is a trade-off. If you want the convenience, then you accept the limits. If you don't want the limits, then give up the convenience. Make sense?

1) Yes, you can.
2) Each room key can have it's own credit card associated with it.
3) Actually, everyone in the room can have their own credit card on the room key.
4) In that case, each room key has its own limit.

Example: ($1,500 per physical room, instead of $500 per physical room)
. . . Mom uses her own VISA credit card ($500)
. . . Dad uses his own MasterCard credit card ($500)
. . . Daughter uses her own VISA debit card ($500)

Thank you this is what I thought!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter