charges to cc on file

Knaedudley

Earning My Ears
What has been everyone's experience with when your credit card was charged. Were you charged at check out, when you got close to your resort limit, or just randomly?

We have been charged either when we hit our limit or the night before check out. However, there have been many, many reports lately of people having them run their CC when they reach about 50% of the resort charging limit.

We had a room only reservation at AKL last week. We were charged for the remaining amount we owned for the room at check-in. We were charged for our purchases on check-out day. We were only there 4 nights, so we didn't reach the resort limit during the stay.

Do you all think its a good thing paying using charging method?.i have always used cash!..This yr i have done online checkin so had to give cc.If i want can i tell them on arrival i pefer to not have any limit on my card and use cash?

Do you all think its a good thing paying using charging method?.i have always used cash!..This yr i have done online checkin so had to give cc.If i want can i tell them on arrival i pefer to not have any limit on my card and use cash?

You never have to use the room charge.

You could have gone through and NOT entered the CC, by the way. It looks like it won't, but it'll accept it.

I never realized that there was a resort limit--I must never have come close. I've always charged everything to my room--food, gifts, etc. and my credit card has always been charged when I check out. Learn something new every day.

I never realized that there was a resort limit--I must never have come close. I've always charged everything to my room--food, gifts, etc. and my credit card has always been charged when I check out. Learn something new every day.

Each level of resort has it's own limit. Value the lowest, deluxe the highest.

If you use only cash, nothing will be charged back to your room. While you would not be able to tell the front desk castmember that you want to remove the limit on your cc because that would imply you want unlimited credit, I am pretty sure you can remove the cc from your room account when you arrive. Without a cc on file, you will not be able to charge to the room.

Each level of resort has it's own limit. Value the lowest, deluxe the highest.

They have recently upped the resort charging limits. Value and Moderate resorts now have a limit of $1500 and Deluxe resorts have a limit of $2000 before putting the charge through to the credit card and starting over with a zero balance again.

We were at AoA in June and I had gift cards that I wanted to put towards my room charge balance. I went to the front desk on day 2 of our stay and we had already accrued a little over $500 in charges. I applied the gift cards along with the Disney reward dollars from our Disney Visa card. Then I told them to put through the balance of our charges on our Disney Visa so we would be starting with a zero balance the next day. During my conversation with the CM putting through those charges I found out that AoA now had a $1,500 charging limit but that the front desk ran reports twice a day and if people were at about 80% of the limit, they (the front desk) would put the charge through so that the guest wouldn't have charging privileges denied while in the parks (though it would only take a phone call to the front desk to fix that). Our next charge was put through on Day 5 of our trip and was for ~$800. We checked out 3 days later and a final charge was put through to our card that day.

We prefer to charge everything to the room. You can get a detailed printout of charges any time you want to by stopping at the front desk.

We never made it close to the limit, but we would go down every few days to pay it off. This trip we'll be paying our purchases off with gift cards every night when we come back so we don't have to worry about my credit card getting charged. We plan on just charging everything to the room this trip. It's easier to do it that way for us.

They have recently upped the resort charging limits. Value and Moderate resorts now have a limit of $1500 and Deluxe resorts have a limit of $2000 before putting the charge through to the credit card and starting over with a zero balance again.

We were at AoA in June and I had gift cards that I wanted to put towards my room charge balance. I went to the front desk on day 2 of our stay and we had already accrued a little over $500 in charges. I applied the gift cards along with the Disney reward dollars from our Disney Visa card. Then I told them to put through the balance of our charges on our Disney Visa so we would be starting with a zero balance the next day. During my conversation with the CM putting through those charges I found out that AoA now had a $1,500 charging limit but that the front desk ran reports twice a day and if people were at about 80% of the limit, they (the front desk) would put the charge through so that the guest wouldn't have charging privileges denied while in the parks (though it would only take a phone call to the front desk to fix that). Our next charge was put through on Day 5 of our trip and was for ~$800. We checked out 3 days later and a final charge was put through to our card that day.

We prefer to charge everything to the room. You can get a detailed printout of charges any time you want to by stopping at the front desk.

Wow, that is a huge jump for values.

Wow, that is a huge jump for values.

It is, and I was happy to see it. We have 5 kids and while they don't all travel with us on every trip, we've never been less than a party of 5 at Disney. We don't get a dining plan so we often spend at least $250/day when we're there. We've been fortunate that we only had the "charging denied" issue one time but it was at a little cart and there was a long line of people to behind us so I didn't want to make the CM call the resort to have the charges reset. I just paid cash and figured I'd take care of it once we got back to the resort. By the time I got to the front desk, the charge had already been put through and we were good to go again.

I'm still not sure why they have different limits for different levels of resorts. The amount we pay for a room at Disney has nothing to do with how much we will be charging to the room....or what our credit limit is on our credit cards. Not to mention that we pay as much for a suite at AoA as we would for a standard room at a Deluxe (or as is often the case, we pay *more* for the suite because there are better discounts on the Deluxe rooms).

It is, and I was happy to see it. We have 5 kids and while they don't all travel with us on every trip, we've never been less than a party of 5 at Disney. We don't get a dining plan so we often spend at least $250/day when we're there. We've been fortunate that we only had the "charging denied" issue one time but it was at a little cart and there was a long line of people to behind us so I didn't want to make the CM call the resort to have the charges reset. I just paid cash and figured I'd take care of it once we got back to the resort. By the time I got to the front desk, the charge had already been put through and we were good to go again.

I'm still not sure why they have different limits for different levels of resorts. The amount we pay for a room at Disney has nothing to do with how much we will be charging to the room....or what our credit limit is on our credit cards. Not to mention that we pay as much for a suite at AoA as we would for a standard room at a Deluxe (or as is often the case, we pay *more* for the suite because there are better discounts on the Deluxe rooms).

AoA suites room rate is probably the reason values got the big jump on credit limits.

We hit the limit at $1000 at the moderate (when it was that) and they charged us. Everything we charged after that was just applied the night before we checked out. I had an itemized bill in my email by the time I woke up on the morning of our check-out day. I didn't charge anything else that day so I'm not sure how that would have worked, I just put my band away and paid cash.

I did find it very easy to charge with your MB and probably did spend more because of it. Not having to get out cash or carry a wallet was dangerous!

When I have been adding my Chase CC on file while we are their , but since I most likely have some gift cards to apply before charge might go through I normally apply them 2 days before we check out to reduce or pay off the bal, otherwise my sister who is a CM said the accounts are ran at like 2 am the day you are leaving and then the itemize list is under your door in the morning

What if you are only staying 1 night and want to put a gc down to use first then your cc? Can I still charge to the room on day 2 - my check out day? Will it go against the gc or cc?

Might be best to just carry the gift card and when it is depleted then use a credit card, cash, or your magic band with the credit card linked to it.

What if you are only staying 1 night and want to put a gc down to use first then your cc? Can I still charge to the room on day 2 - my check out day? Will it go against the gc or cc?
Typically, they won't allow you to put a gift card on the account to charge against. If you're only there one night, you're probably better off just using your gift card, and then charging to the room when you've used it up.

First visit with another family in a 2 bedroom and was wondering if there can only be one credit card on file for all of the magic bands or if they can have theirs linked to their own credit card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter