Charged a No Show Fee when we dined?

It’s so gross that they don’t even communicate which restaurant or date.

This happened to me as well, 3 years ago, also at T-Rex! (This is the dinosaur themed restaurant at Disney Springs right?) DH called to ask about the unexpected charge, was told what it was, and when we offered to send them our receipt as proof we dined there they said no need, and the charge went away.
Glad you were able to get yours resolved.
We were double charged for a meal on our most recent trip. Went to the desk and they immediately corrected it but all the more reason to keep tabs on your folio charges and save receipts. Much easier to deal with a problem like that before you leave the resort.

We were double charged for a meal on our most recent trip. Went to the desk and they immediately corrected it but all the more reason to keep tabs on your folio charges and save receipts. Much easier to deal with a problem like that before you leave the resort.
Totally agree. This one slipped through the cracks because it went on our credit card, not through the MagicBand.
Extra fun for us international visitors who usually lose a little on fx, even if it’s fully refunded on Disney’s end.

When you check in, isn't it the job of the CM to click something on the computer, just to confirm that you're there? I thought they did that. If so, charging you for a no-show could be as simple as the CM forgetting to click on the computer that you're checked in.
Yes, but they are human and at times, make a mistake.
I always check my account daily while there. That way, if I get a no show charge I deal with it while there.
So far the only thing I've gotten is charged parking when I shouldn't have.

In the past you used to be able to modify an ADR to another day in the future, then cancel it before the 24 hr/day of penalty period, to avoid fees. I'm not sure if that loophole has been closed.
It has not closed.
But, with the difficulties in getting ADR it is not as easy to move them.

Disney knows exactly where you were every second you were on their property. They would be able to tell if your magic band or phone was at that restaurant...
You seem to think that Disney IT could actualy track that data and use it as you mention. If they could they would have fixed the ADR and other problems along time ago. Disney's IT is either totally inept or grossly underfunded, or worse yet both. But in this case I think the training of CMs and short staff is a big part of the problem, based on the profit from the parks it could be corrected with proper funding, training and hiring enough staff.

You seem to think that Disney IT could actualy track that data and use it as you mention. If they could they would have fixed the ADR and other problems along time ago. Disney's IT is either totally inept or grossly underfunded, or worse yet both. But in this case I think the training of CMs and short staff is a big part of the problem, based on the profit from the parks it could be corrected with proper funding, training and hiring enough staff.
They can

I noticed A $60.00 charge on my credit card for Disney dining. I know we didn’t miss any reservations on our trip. I’m currently on hold with Disney dining, and have been promised a 2+ hour wait. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there another way to dispute this? Should I just dispute it on my card?

Yes it has happened to me and Disney refunded the charge with no argument.

Never happened to me at Disney, but a couple of times Open Table has emailed me to admonish me for being a “no show” which I never have been. There is no fee but I think they keep track and eventually ban you if it happens too often, so you don’t want it on your record. I save receipts so it’s always been quick and easy to resolve by emailing them a photo of the receipt.

The restaurant in question in the OPs case isn't even Disney owned. Not sure how they are getting the blame. Heaven knows they do plenty wrong but T-Rex forgetting to indicate the guest showed isn't one of them.

This happened to us in December at Garden Grill. The front desk at the resort could not help us, but told us to call the number at the bottom of the hotel folio for billing. They were able to assist without a 2 hour wait. It was rather annoying because they said we must of been early or late. We were right on time and checked in via the app. If you check in via the app take a screen capture.

Thanks OP for the billing info. I've filed this away in my notes for my vacation, just in case. I doubt I would need it as I'm sure this is not something that happens that often, but always good to have numbers on back-up just in case!

okay, I got my money back, and I didn't end up waiting all that long, I poked around my credit card bill and found a number for Disney's billing department, I got thru WAY quicker than on the dining line the disney website directed me to.

So for anyone this happens to, call disney billing- (407)828-5630
What option did you press to get someone?

okay, I got my money back, and I didn't end up waiting all that long, I poked around my credit card bill and found a number for Disney's billing department, I got thru WAY quicker than on the dining line the disney website directed me to.

So for anyone this happens to, call disney billing- (407)828-5630

Thank you, same issue!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter