Charge To Room?

braylan

Earning My Ears
Okay I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I have searched and searched and maybe I really don't know how to word it. I booked our trip on our credit card/debit card and we have a balance to pay upon arrival, do they immediately charge your card then or is it all after you have checked out? Another question, I'm sure you can pay various ways inside the park, but do you have the charge to room option? For souvineirs, BBB, and meals inside the park? I will be taking my debit card with me, but I wanted to know before hand. TIA for responses :)

I can't answer your first question, but yes, you can use your Key To The World card (room key) to charge most purchases within the resort area. I think the only exception to this is outdoor vending locations (ice cream carts, etc) who seem to take cash only.

One other thing to consider... if AND ONLY IF, you have responsible kids (probably 11-12 y/o and up), you can add charging priveleges to their Key to the World cards. I did this for my 11 y/o son and my 14 y/o daughter and told them they each had $10/day to spend on our latest trip. It was fun to see them ration out on things they really wanted and it kept them from saying "PLEASE BUY ME THIS" to every junk souvenir they passed by.

To answer your first question if you have a balance still due it must be paid 45 days prior to your arrival. As pp stated yes you can charge to your room as long as you have a CC on your key to the world.

To answer your first question if you have a balance still due it must be paid 45 days prior to your arrival. As pp stated yes you can charge to your room as long as you have a CC on your key to the world.

The 45 days is only true if you have a package booked. If the reservation is room only then you put down one night's deposit and the balance isn't due until check-in.

Okay I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I have searched and searched and maybe I really don't know how to word it. I booked our trip on our credit card/debit card and we have a balance to pay upon arrival, do they immediately charge your card then or is it all after you have checked out? Another question, I'm sure you can pay various ways inside the park, but do you have the charge to room option? For souvineirs, BBB, and meals inside the park? I will be taking my debit card with me, but I wanted to know before hand. TIA for responses :)
I usually pay the room balance on arrival in cash, but the last time I did the whole thing on a credit card, I'm fairly certain they charged it on check out.

If you are staying at a disney resort you can charge to your room if you leave an open credit card, but it will not work in-park for Swan or Dolphin.

If you're using your debit card, they'll put a hold on the money until you check out (so it's as good as them charging up front.) For charging privledges, they'll put a hold of varying amounts (depending on where you're staying) and at the end of the stay, they'll release the unused portion back to you.

So just be aware that the money in your account might be held and you won't be able to use it right away.

If you're using your debit card, they'll put a hold on the money until you check out (so it's as good as them charging up front.) For charging privledges, they'll put a hold of varying amounts (depending on where you're staying) and at the end of the stay, they'll release the unused portion back to you.

So just be aware that the money in your account might be held and you won't be able to use it right away.

I advise never putting a hotel room reservation on a debit card. They usually put a hold not only for the balance due, but for additional funds (I suppose to cover room charges and damage), and they don't always release it immediately. One time, the amount that they held put us over our limit and we ended up with several hundred dollars in overage charges over the course of the week we were on vacation. (We were traveling... EVERYTHING was going on the debit card, from gas for the car to a fast food lunch to three separate checkouts at the chocolate store/factory tour, which was $75 in overages in less than an hour.)

to the Debit card Issue,I used It to book and pay off our latest package,no problems they took out the money the same day,no hold. We have In the past did it upon arrivial,they will have you pay off the remaining amount at that time,again no problem,at least with my card about putting a hold on It. But They do not wait untill you check out to pay the balance on the room,the only charges you will have to pay at that time are In room charges and I Imagin any charges made from your room card, Thats where my question comes In. I am going to use my room card for Dinning purcheses out side of our Dp. I want to pay off my totatl at the end of each night,can I do this?:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter