Charge for changing reservations?

Jill72

Mouseketeer
I want to take advantage of the free dining plan, but would prefer to go in October/November than in Sept. If I go ahead and book for the free dining now (for Sept) and they offer either free dining in Oct and I want to switch dates for my trip - will there be a charge?:confused3

There is really not a way to change your reservation. You would make a new reservation that would require a new deposit. Your original reservation would be cancelled and you would get the deposit refunded on that reservation. The deposit will not transfer over.

& their is no charge if cancelling your trip as long as its longer than 46 days prior to travel. You aren't booking airfare though, right?

I believe you can change dates on your package, as long as you are booking a package, you are able to switch dates or promos without canceling and re booking. I've done it lots Package to package you don't have to cancel & re book. And room only to room only you don't have to cancel & re book either.
But
If you are going from a package to a room only, or visa versa, then you have to cancel and re-book, and put down another deposit, etc.
Make sense?

You can make changes up to 45 days without penalty. After 45 days, it the new package cost more- they usually don't charge you for a change, :laughing: but if the new package cost less, they may charge a change fee. Don't know what it is, but someone will!

As Sue M said, if you book free dining for September and want to change to free dining (if it's offered) at a later time, there is no need to cancel and rebook. With that said, there has to be availability under free dining in October in order to change your dates. Sometimes you have to be flexible with your resort and/or room type, but modifications can be done and you would keep the same confirmation number. As was also pointed out, going from a package to room only or room only to a package would require the cancellation/refund of one and a new reservation for the other requiring a new deposit as money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other. If the change is done prior to the final payment date (45 days before arrival) or the total price increases, there is no charge; any changes made 44 days or less prior to arrival or the total cost decreases, you will be charged a $50 change fee. Also, any changes made to a reservation 14 days or less prior to check in (regardless of what it does to the total cost), will incur a $15 fee. HTH :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter