Characters

JMMOMMY

Earning My Ears
It has been since 96 that I have gone. Do the characters still walk around are do they have stationary places with lines. What characters can my kids expect to see, my son wants Mater and McQueen and all the Incredibles are these there??/ :confused3 My daughter wants all the princess: which I am sure will not be a problem. How hard is it to see the characters, if we character hunt will we miss rides. We have three days to do both parks is this enough.

The thing these days is autograph books, that you can buy there and have the characters sign.
1. Mater and McGueen hang out in CA. When we were there in october there was one day they came out from below and then hung out around the pier area. Also they came out right before block party bash, sort of started the parade.

2. as for princesses you can find three or more at the princess fantsey faire (they have a line to have pic's and autographs with three different princesses) and then a show with more princesses then shortly after the show one of the princesses comes out and tells a story.

you can also occassionally find princesses signing autographs at places around the castle in DL. For me, it's easier just to go to Ariel's grotto for lunch and get five princesses all at once, althouth it is not the cheapest meal.

Also, Pooh and friends hang out in bear country by the pooh ride.

Things have changed. The characters do not wander the parks like they used to. There are genearl areas where you will find characters. Main Street Plaza usually has about 4 scattered about. Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, Minnie, Chip and Dale, Donald, Pinochio are some that I have seen at various times. There are a few that have specific stations, like in Critter Country, there is a queue set up for Pooh, Tigger and Eyore. Mickey and Minnie are always at their houses in Toontown.

But the characters you are looking for will be in California Adventure. The Incredibles can be found on Hollywood Pictures Backlot. They'll come out every now and then. Mater and Lightning I believe can be found near the Golden State Ampitheatre.

The Times Guide that you get coming into the park will list some of the character meeting times. But there will be more characters around the park than what is listed.

Most people line up orderly and everyone takes their turn. You will have some families that just barge on up the characters but not too many. A typical line can take about 20 minutes. But some of the characters that have permanent locations, like Mickey's house, can take up to an hour.

You should definitely have time - just plan on being there at park open - and utilize fast pass. It will probably take a couple hours total (not necessarily at one time) to meet the princesses. To see Ariel refer to your times guide and meet her at her grotto. You will want to line up a little before the scheduled time. We did the lunch once at Ariel's, but prefer the pictures and interaction that we get with the princesses outside of the restaurant. We usually scrapbook two pages per princess, and the year we did the dinner we only had enough good pictures to do two pages TOTAL!! Like the others said, the incredibles and the cars are at DCA. You can ask CM's for info, some have more info then others. If you go around the general vicinity, or ask a CM that is with the characters, they usually have a lot more information. We actually ran into a CM (looked like mgmt) who pulled out a huge listing and had a schedule for everything. If in doubt - just keep asking. If you do see a character though, stop and get the autograph - you can always hit a ride later - the best bet is not to be too intent on a specific schedule. Last trip we got over 30 signatures, hit every ride multiple times, and had a really relaxing trip - so you should be fine!!

We were just there (Nov. 5-10th) and saw the Incredibles characters in CA Adventure in the Hollywood section. Head back towards the Aladin theater, they are back there.

Each character had lines to see them, and these can take a few minutes. Even when there are only, say 10 kids, it took awhile to get their autograph books signed and have photos taken. Not too bad though, maybe 5 -10 minutes of wait time.

Have fun!

We have found that they are both in stationary places and wandering about. The "big" characters- Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Minnie, will be either in their house in Toon Town, in Town square, or in the Sun plaza area at DCA. They come out for short times and tend to stay close to the cm exit. Other characters, such as Mulan, Wendy, Alice, the Mad Hatter, Peter Pan, tend to roam a bit more. I've seen them in the Fantasyland, in town square, etc. The princesses have pretty set times in front of the castle, Pooh and the gang have set area in Critter country. McQueen has a set time and place in DCA.

Nov 3-9
SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.

Disneyland® Park
Mickey’s Toontown
Visit Mickey Mouse inside his house
Daily: Mickey’s Toontown Hours
Visit Minnie Mouse as she strolls through Mickey’s Toontown
Daily: Opening-5p
Critter Country
Meet Winnie the Pooh & Friends
Fri-Wed: 11:30a-5p Thu: 11a-4:30p
Fantasyland
Meet a Disney Princess at the Disney Princess Fantasy Faire
at the Fantasyland Theatre
Fri-Sun: 10a-6p
Mon-Thu: 11a-6p
Meet Ariel: The Little Mermaid at Triton’s Garden
Fri-Sun: 12-6p (Closed during parade)
Mon-Thu: 12-5p
The Sword in the Stone Ceremony King Arthur Carrousel
Daily: 10:45, 11:45a, 12:45, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30p
Tomorrowland
Meet Buzz Lightyear near Tomorrowland Terrace
Fri-Sun/Thu: 10, 11a, 12, 1:45, 2:45, 3:45p
Mon-Wed: 11a, 12, 1, 2:45, 3:45, 4:45p

Disney’s California Adventure®
Sunshine Plaza
Join some of your Disney Friends on Vacation
Daily: 10a-4:30p
Hollywood Pictures Backlot
You never know what Disney Stars are in Production
Hollywood Blvd Daily: 10a-5p
“a bug’s land”
Meet Flik and Atta!
Fri-Tue: 11a, 12, 1, 2:45, 3:45p
Wed-Thu: 10:30, 11:30a, 12:30, 1:30, 3, 4, 5p
Golden State
Meet Koda and Kenai near Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
Fri-Sun/Wed-Thu: 11:30a, 12:30, 1:30, 3, 4, 5p
Meet Lightning McQueen and Mater from the Disney•Pixar animated fi lm, Cars
At the Golden State Amphitheater Fri-Sun: 10:55a, 12:20, 1:55, 2:55p
Mon-Tue: 10:55a, 12:20, 2:15, 3:15p
Wed-Thu: 11:15a, 12:15, 1:15, 2:45, 3:45p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!