Characters vs. Pin Traders: It's Heated War! A Pixie-Dusted Nerdventure (COMPLETE)

Carousel of Progress :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc they're doing another special edition CoP T-shirt from the Disney Store…I literally just bought one last year but I kind of want the new one too. Must resist!!

Love your castle and fountain pics!!!

Ugh, being a Grand Marshal would be AMAZING! Honestly I personally might enjoy that more than being Family of the Day because I'd love to be part of the parade…but really I wouldn't complain about either one ;)

So excited to see your FoF pics!!!

Carousel of Progress :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc they're doing another special edition CoP T-shirt from the Disney Store…I literally just bought one last year but I kind of want the new one too. Must resist!!

Really?! That's so cool! I might have to get one myself because CoP and that retro life. :lovestruc

Love your castle and fountain pics!!!

Thanks! :teeth:

Ugh, being a Grand Marshal would be AMAZING! Honestly I personally might enjoy that more than being Family of the Day because I'd love to be part of the parade…but really I wouldn't complain about either one ;)

So excited to see your FoF pics!!!

Same! We should definitely try and scope out a way to be Grand Marshals during our DCP. That would be a super fun day.

Yay! Just be prepared... there's A LOT of them. And... I didn't exactly weed a ton out.

Hello! Just wanted to say I've been following your trip report all along and loving it! Always looking forward to the next update :)

Hello! Just wanted to say I've been following your trip report all along and loving it! Always looking forward to the next update :)

Hi! :welcome:

Thank you! I'm glad you've enjoyed it! Please don't be a stranger and comment more often. :teeth:

I just wanted everyone to know I am SUPER far ahead on written updates for this TR, like two days ahead about now. I still like spreading them out since I know how hard it is to get to reading longer updates like mine always are, but now I can be more frequent when I go back to school. Also, only a few weeks now until DCP applications drop! Prepping already. Shoutout now to everyone applying in case they do come out next week and I'm wishing you the best of luck.

Let's move onto this update (warning it's in... five parts)!

A Wondrous, Dazzling, Brilliantly Told Odyssey Part I
June 25th, 2014

The parade moved quite slowly and it was probably another solid 10 minutes before it got to where we were standing. But eventually it arrived.

And well...

There are no words. I'll let the photos do the talking.

All 105 of them.

Continued Here

Your photos are absolutely fantastic, Timmy!!! Seriously perfect. Ahhh how I wish I were back at MK to see FoF…

Sorry I haven't been posting much on this thread. I promise I'll try harder ;_;

Anyway, SCOOP. That's all I have to say about that.

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble finding a Sven plushie. Finger crossed you find one before you leave!!

Also, stunning photos as usual!!

On another note, guess who saw Wicked and Aladdin for the first time this weekend ;) Wicked was obviously fantastic but I think Aladdin now reigns as my favorite show on Broadway.

Sorry I haven't been posting much on this thread. I promise I'll try harder ;_;

Anyway, SCOOP. That's all I have to say about that.

Don't worry. I'm probably going to not be posting as much now that I'm back in school :/

Haha, nuff said.

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble finding a Sven plushie. Finger crossed you find one before you leave!!

Also, stunning photos as usual!!

It was a rough search, but not done in haste as you'll soon find out.

Thanks! :teeth:

On another note, guess who saw Wicked and Aladdin for the first time this weekend ;) Wicked was obviously fantastic but I think Aladdin now reigns as my favorite show on Broadway.

That's awesome! So jealous you got to see Aladdin. I'm really hoping to possibly see that this summer when I go to NYC for a wedding because... I CANNOT GO TO NYC WITHOUT SEEING A BROADWAY SHOW!!!

ok so seriously great pictures of festival of fantasy parade!! i was truly bummed that they weren't doing that parade the day we got to go to park, hopefully it will still be going on when i go back this fall!!

love wicked its actually going to be touring close to where i live i just found out through my cousins who are going WITHOUT ME!! kinda ironic since i was who turned them onto how great of a show it is lol

i too am curious to see if you found a sven plush, i remember keeping an eye out for one, though to keep things a mystery ill keep quiet about my results!

ok so seriously great pictures of festival of fantasy parade!! i was truly bummed that they weren't doing that parade the day we got to go to park, hopefully it will still be going on when i go back this fall!!

Thanks! Awww, I'm sorry you didn't get to see it. I'm sure they will be showing it when you go back. They only closed it down for a little bit during the Holiday season for maintenance reasons I believe so I'm sure it will be running in the fall, no doubt about it.

love wicked its actually going to be touring close to where i live i just found out through my cousins who are going WITHOUT ME!! kinda ironic since i was who turned them onto how great of a show it is lol

That's awful! Evil cousins lol I would love to see it again. Incredible show, one of my faves :goodvibes

i too am curious to see if you found a sven plush, i remember keeping an eye out for one, though to keep things a mystery ill keep quiet about my results!

It's actually a lot easier to find him now post-Frozen Summer, but when I was there, there did turn out to be only one place to find him and it was kinda ironic when we managed to find him.

As you all probably could guess or know, I am back at school now, about to finish my first week of classes! So far, I think this semester looks like it's going to be a good one, especially considering I was taken off the waitlist for a class I really wanted to take. WOOT WOOT!

Getting here was quite the adventure! There was some major freezing rain and storms passing through the Northeast and my poor mom had to drive through all of that, 3 hours up and 3 hours up (except it took much longer than that). Luckily, we both made it to where we needed to in one piece.

Still nothing since I've gotten back in terms of the DCP, but there's a rumor going around about when applications will drop so anxiously awaiting that as it is VERY soon. Until then, I have to get back to my school work and leave this little update for y'all!

Have a magical day! :D

A Frumpy Princess With Some Le Brew's!
June 25th, 2014

Now that I am composed, I can give you a proper run-down of what was happening in my head and around me while I saw Festival of Fantasy because...

IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

After I thought I would be forever depressed now that Celebrate A Dream Come True and Spectro are gone (and I missed my opportunity to see Jammin' in the Jungle), this was what I needed. This parade is incredible and was one of the highlights of my trip. Nowadays, I probably watch videos of it on YouTube once a month as well as scroll through EVERY SINGLE PHOTO I took of it. I love it so much.

FoF is a huge step up from CADC (even though I loved it so) in that they really went all out with some spectacular floats, music and... JUST EVERYTHING! My favorite section/float would have to be the Tangled one. The fact they added an Ulf the Mime character would be reason enough alone to love this section, but it also boasts the beautiful Floral Maiden dresses, Punzie with a Frying pan, Swinging Thugs and (be still my heart) EUGENE FITZHERBERT SWINGING WITH MAXIMUS!!! Not to mention Pascal, Cupid thug and... OMG, there is so much happening on this float, it blows you away. And everyone hams it up BIG TIME in this parade. It's great.

I also had a huge freak out moment early on in the parade during the first float because TIANA AND NAVEEN ARE IN THE PARADE! I seriously did not know about this... AT ALL. I had avoided videos and photos fairly well, but I did hear and see things from time to time. I did not know my loves were in the parade. I was already over the edge when this happened, but when Naveen yelled out "Hello my little froggies!" And then he and Tiana started to jam out. I almost fainted on the spot.

#TeamNaveen

This almost happened again when Pluto ran up to my side of the street right as his float was passing me. But I'm just going to go on and on forever so I'm going to give you what I wrote in my notes for opinions on FoF:

-The Little Mermaid section had GORJ outfits
-Seahorse Guys in the Little Mermaid part were really working their little spinny thingamabobs
-Lost Boys = Hysterical
-Not sure if cannons went off on Peter Pan float (or if there was spinning on the opening float) (USUALLY THIS HAPPENS FYI)
-Peter and Wendy were very active (could not get a decent pic of Peter as result)
-Hook was great and Tink was being extra cute!
-Smee is in between Tink and Croc (sorry no pics of him)
-Loved the Croc!
-Brave dancers were killin' it! (I don't like Brave, but they were awesome)
-The Three Fairies (MERRYWEATHER ANOTHER UNDERREPRESENTED FAVE) rolled by too quickly
-Phillip was being a bit too cocky
-Maleficent float performers were awesome. They really got in your face (Spread their wings)
-Maleficent dragon float.... INCREDIBLE
-Alice, Mad Hatter, Snow White, etc. were adorable
-So happy I caught the Alice and Grumpy stare down
-Final set of floats (Pinocchio float) had so much to look at (VERY colorful)
-I loved the Dumbo belter in the soundtrack
-Pluto came out of nowhere on me (told ya)
-Goofy, Chip and Dale were presh
-Loved the final float with Mickey and Minnie partying hard!
-Love the final banner (See ya real soon!)

Yeah, we'd be here all day if I elaborated on EVERYTHING.

So let's move on...

Parade ended and we immediately decided to go find some AC before deciding what to do next. We braved the crowd and ran into the Christmas Shoppe where we sat down for about 15 minutes. I suggested we go get something to refresh us and there was one cool beverage I HAD to get, much thanks to a certain DISer, so we headed that way.

Not before saying hi to my beloved Mansion:

We had to head through "old" Fantasyland to get to this place where I could try this said-beverage.

It's A Small World and Pinocchio's Village Haus had a little construction going on around it:

We passed by the Mine Train...

...And Enchanted Tales with Belle...

40 minutes? Yeah, no thanks.

We ended up at Gaston's Tavern, our destination.

Where Nate and I got...

LE BREW'S!

What? You say it's Le Fou's Brew? Ha! You've been tricked my child. 'Tis not pronounced "Le Fou's Brew", but "Le Brew's" as that is what me good friend Nate called it after standing in the heat for almost an hour, possibly over. So yes, 'tis Le Brew's not Le Fou's Brew. You must call that it from now on. As I will.

I ended up getting it with the stein because how can you not get Le Brew's for the first time without a stein? I don't know. Please explain if you have done it. Please. Nate wasn't originally going to get one then he saw the gorgeousness that was my drink and decided to get one for himself. He ended up deciding this after I got out of line, in which a line had formed thereafter so I went to go find a seat on my own. I couldn't find straws and I was carrying a lot of stuff at the time so I asked Nate to go see if he could find any after getting his drink.

Nate's little expedition for Le Brew's and straws became quite the waiting game. I took a photo of the owner of the tavern in the mean time:

I became impatient and began drinking my Le Brew's...

OMG LE BREW'S OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG DELISH AMAZING DELISH AMAZING SWEET TANGY SOUR GIMME GIMME MORE

Basically my reaction, it was SOOOOO good (Shoutout to Lia (__disneygirl) for the multiple recommendations on this one). Le Brew's, in that moment, became my favorite drink at Disney World. The mixture of sweet with tangy is perfect and never feels too sweet or too tangy. It's perfect. So perfect. I want one right now. In my stein. Right now. #LEBREWSFOREVER

After a couple more sips, Nate finally came back, no straws, but with his Le Brew's and told me he ran into his Australian friends who had another table to themselves. He was talking with them and invited me over. I was hoping to stay in the spot I was because I was really hoping to snag Gaston's chair, currently taken by a man with child. I didn't want to be rude or alone or start a whole back-and-forth thing deciding where we would sit so I went over with Nate.

Nate's Australian friends, whose names I still can't remember (my apologies if they end up reading this), did have a much nicer spot on their own. We got to talking with them about our trips. They had apparently planned this trip for THREE WEEKS. They were staying off-property and still had a little over a week to go. WOW. I wish I could stay in Disney that long. But they told us after it was for their honeymoon to which Nate and I both congratulated them in unison.

They only had one park per day tickets so they were stuck in Magic Kingdom all day unfortunately, but they had gotten so much done. I don't remember many specifics, but I recall they went to one of the water parks and they had even been to Universal. Considering Nate and I would be heading over there in the coming days (and we both had limited knowledge), we asked for some tips. They told us to try and get their early and head straight for WWoHP because it gets packed QUICK. They also recommended try arriving before park opening if we could because that also would ensure we wouldn't have a long line for Forbidden Journey, which we knew, but weren't sure if we'd be able to pull that off.

Somewhere in this conversation, we began talking about college and I kinda got tuned out. They went on about how college is free in Australia, how it works, how health care works, etc. It was interesting, but I didn't really have any input or at least as much as Nate did. After a few minutes, I took a few quick photos to remember where we were during this conversation that I really was no longer a part of:

"I use antlers in all of my decorating!"

I sat and smiled, trying to look like I was still involved in this conversation when Nate finally decided that it was time for us to go. I mentioned earlier that we could head back to the room and I think we really needed it after the crazy past few days. I don't like taking breaks, but this time, in the summer, it was necessary. Nate added both of his Australian friends on facebook, we said our goodbyes (if you guys are reading this, it was really nice meeting you both) and headed out. Nate apologized for going on with the conversation and not really letting me get a word in. I let him know it was fine and I just didn't have much input, it wasn't a big deal.

We decided to go out by way of the Castle since it was quickest:

We went around the Castle in the direction of where we sat for FoF at Sleepy Hollow, passing by Cinderella's Fountain:

Nate and I were talking away about whatever when out of nowhere I hear someone call my name. I was caught off guard and kinda skidded to a halt trying to figure out who it was or where it came from. I immediately recognized who it was and yelled out "Jess!" And ran right up to her for a big hug.

I'm sure you're all confused, unless you read the title of this chapter and follow me on IG then you know exactly who I ran into, or just are an active member on DISBoards in general. If you are, you're probably thinking, "Jess? Jess?! JESS?!?! Who Jess? Jess the frump? PrincessJess508?! The Jess with the greatest TR ever written?!?! The Jess who was on DISUnplugged?! That Jess?!?!" And the answer is: Yes. Yes, I had run into Jess. My first DISMeet ever was with Jess and it was literally like we were old friends.

It was so surreal. I had been reading Jess' TRs and talked with her for many years. Her first TR was one of my first ones and I've read every one thereafter. Yeah, you could say I was a big fan, but Jess "talked" a lot in internet speak, PM'ing, IGing, tweeting, etc. so we were also pretty much friends yet we hadn't met each other. So surreal.

After our hug, I introduced her to Nate and we talked for a bit. She asked about Nate and I's trip thus far. I mentioned how Le Brew's changed my life and how amazing it was to be back after so many years. She knew I hadn't been for awhile, as many did, and asked how long. I then asked her about her role as a Fairy Godmother in Training at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, which was basically a dream come true for her, when she told me about how she just got into the DCP at Disneyland (which she is actually almost done with sadly :( ). We then began talking about DCP since I am applying for Fall 2015. I mentioned how I really wanted attractions like Jungle Cruise or Great Movie Ride. Jess brought up Character Attendant since she heard a lot who wanted those types of roles but didn't get it liked Character Attendant. I mentioned Scoop Sanderson somewhere in this conversation to which Jess was very confused about having never heard the name either (goes to show that I'm still a legit Disney fan). We then talked about general life things like school and stuff. Jess had to go meet up with her friend (a friend of Peter Pan's actually) who just got off his shift and we were on our way out so we decided to take a quick pic together:

Love the background! Not that there was a castle or anything nearby…

We talked about what we were doing later and I mentioned 'Ohana and then probably back to MK where she said she'd probably be for a little bit longer. We didn't think to exchange numbers or anything so we said we'd hope to see each other later and went our separate ways. It really was a lovely little unexpected DISMeet and Jess is just as sweet as she seems on here. I was really optimistic then that I would run into some other IGers or DISers for some more awesome meets.

We made quick of leaving MK as I explained to Nate who Jess was in relation to my double life on the internet and DISverse. We went through the Emporium and we were moving so quickly, this was the first photo I ended up getting at the end of our brisk walk out:

Beautiful!

As we were about to pass under the train station, Nate ran up to a CM at one of the merch carts to trade. I went up with him, but didn't trade. The CM noticed my cup and sang his own rendition and version of "Gaston" in relation to the cup. It was really funny. Nate traded and then we walked straight on out of MK.

No notes on the ride back or our walk nor any photos. My notes say we went straight to our room to relieve us of our luggage then we went to the Ink & Paint Shop (AoA's gift shop). I mentioned earlier how I was eyeing the Pluto pillow pets I saw at literally EVERY SINGLE STORE IN DISNEY so I said I wanted to head down and Nate decided to tag along. In the end, I ended up getting the Pluto one along with an AoA pin to commemorate my stay. Nate then bought a Stitch pillow pet and he may or may not have gotten an AoA pin too (if my memory serves me right).

We returned to our room and lounged a bit with our new pillow friends until it was time to head out for our ADR that evening.

A little overdone on my part. Pluto is perfect as always.

Continued Here

There needs to be a "breathing heavily into a brown paper bag" smilie…because that's me in terms of the DCP.

HAHA Le Brew's. My dad always calls it "LaBoof's Frew" which makes me laugh out loud. Such an amazing beverage.

AHHHH so awesome that you got to meet Jess in real life! Hard to believe she's completed a whole other DCP since then. Time flies!

LOL I love your comment about your double life…that's how it is with me too. Whenever I mention having a friend who has a kid, people are like WHAT HOW ARE YOUR FRIENDS HAVING KIDS and I'm like oh I know them from the internet…

Love the Pluto pillow pet! I have one myself so it's an excellent choice.

If I don't talk to you before then…good luck with events that may be transpiring in the near future ;)

There needs to be a "breathing heavily into a brown paper bag" smilie…because that's me in terms of the DCP.

#same

HAHA Le Brew's. My dad always calls it "LaBoof's Frew" which makes me laugh out loud. Such an amazing beverage.

LOL, so amazing nobody can pronounce it properly. :thumbsup2

AHHHH so awesome that you got to meet Jess in real life! Hard to believe she's completed a whole other DCP since then. Time flies!

IKR! It feels like just last month that I was first reading the Bathrobe Princess TR and got to meet Jess and Kristen and everyone else who's now doing or done their DCPs.

LOL I love your comment about your double life…that's how it is with me too. Whenever I mention having a friend who has a kid, people are like WHAT HOW ARE YOUR FRIENDS HAVING KIDS and I'm like oh I know them from the internet…

EXACTLY. Everyone's stuck in that age when every person you met on the internet was like a pedophile or whatever. So glad that has changed and I now have all you awesome peeps! :teeth:

Love the Pluto pillow pet! I have one myself so it's an excellent choice.

Thanks! 'Tis.

If I don't talk to you before then…good luck with events that may be transpiring in the near future ;)

Same to you! *crossing fingers for both of us*

LEFOU'S BREW = :lovestruc

And... *sheepishly raises hand* I have gotten a brew without a stein before!

Basically, it was early in the morning, and I was running low on cash and I didn't want to lug around a cup I might never use again :x next time I will!!!

How do you go about carrying the cup for the rest of the day? You just wash it, dry it, and put it in your bag, right? Sorry if that's a dumb question. Never done it before, too afraid of getting stickiness on my bag :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter