Characters vs. Pin Traders: It's Heated War! A Pixie-Dusted Nerdventure (COMPLETE)

WOWZER! Just scanned through and checked out the pictures,will go back later and read in depth. That huge grin on your face in almost every picture is just heartwarming :)

Your joy at being in your Happy Place is so obvious....home again.:thumbsup2

Bet I know what snack you're headed to!:worship:

Haha, I went photo crazy, what can I say? That smile seriously never left my face. I was always content no matter what.

I was so happy! Disney is forever my laughin' place, forever and ever.

Do you really? Guess! :teeth:

I'm in on your report. I love your enthusiasm and it looks like your travel day/first park day went smoothly!

YAY :welcome:

Yes, very smooth and I'm glad you enjoy the enthusiasm, because it doesn't stop here.

Oh you poor thing! Te dining plan symbol only means that can count that particular item as a snack item! If the place you are at is on the list of QS places to eat you can get any entree dessert and non-ally drink. :(

I know I realized that later. It was a rookie mistake since I've used the DP before and was able to go to all these places that I bypassed. Really, QS was not our goal this trip as you'll soon learn. Snacks and TS were where it was at for us... or at least me!

I hope you got food! A Dole Whip, perchance? ;)

Hmmm, maybe... ;) ;)

Loved this round of updates! Your TR is making me miss Disney more and more each day, and more and more antsy for my next trip! You definitely have an infectious enthusiasm for Disney.

It's nice to see that I wasn't the only one who wasn't terribly excited about riding VOTLM at first, but then really enjoyed it at the end! Seeing all your pictures made me miss it! :rotfl:

Looking forward, as always, to the next batch of updates.

Thank you! Awww, I hope you get to go back soon and not have to wait as long as I did for a return trip!

I wasn't? LOL I think that was more Nate who wasn't. I was super pumped to ride it. The Little Mermaid is one of my faves! It was just after, I didn't feel a strong urge to go back on as most on here have.

Awesome! I'll be putting those together soon enough! ::yes::

Oh man! I'm seriously late in joining but I'm glad to see you are off to a great start! I love your excitement and enthusiasm - it makes me smile when I read your TR! :)

I much prefer starting our trip at MK than any other park. :thumbsup2

Loving your MK visit and agree with your view of Little Mermaid ride being a major Ursula fan myself I enjoyed her part but missed a little of the scary side...my daughter (8) did not miss that part and says I am crazy...oh well.

Oh man! I'm seriously late in joining but I'm glad to see you are off to a great start! I love your excitement and enthusiasm - it makes me smile when I read your TR! :)

I much prefer starting our trip at MK than any other park. :thumbsup2

It's fine, Brenda. :welcome: So glad you're here!

Awww, thanks Brenda! I love to hear that. And yeah, same. I still will never get how I managed to go TWO DAYS without seeing the Castle on my previous trip. MK... always first now, no matter what.

Loving your MK visit and agree with your view of Little Mermaid ride being a major Ursula fan myself I enjoyed her part but missed a little of the scary side...my daughter (8) did not miss that part and says I am crazy...oh well.

Awesome! And yeah, I mean, it doesn't have to be very scary, but just a bit more dramatic. They make it look like monster Ursula never even happened. Whatever, it's still a great ride nevertheless. :thumbsup2

Great updates! You took the same route around MK that we did one of our days, so it was like I was reliving it again. :) Your enthusiasm is awesome and makes me want to be back at the parks asap. :)

Great updates! You took the same route around MK that we did one of our days, so it was like I was reliving it again. :) Your enthusiasm is awesome and makes me want to be back at the parks asap. :)

Thank you!

Oh really? LOL, that's hysterical. You'll have to let me know where we veer off from one another when I post some more updates.

I'm so glad! I want to be back at the parks too so that probably might be factored in haha

YAY you got to MK! It's so obvious how happy you are to be there from your pictures.

Haha I am totally the person that makes everyone stop for pins. I'm getting pretty good at the scan-from-a-distance though.

See, I deliberately hold it until I can get to the Rapunzel bathrooms because they're the best. TMI? Maybe.

Woo hoo! You're on your first Disney Bus Ride of the trip! Yay! That's always so exciting! :goodvibes

Magic Kingdom is definitely the park to visit FIRST! To me, it doesn't feel like I'm really there until I step foot inside those gates and see the castle!

Love all your pictures of the Little Mermaid ride. My daughter is going to be stoked riding that. :thumbsup2

Sorry you weren't able to eat your favorite Golden Oak Outpost! :(

I'm here! Sorry for being so tardy.

I'm going to have the time to read and comment in detail tomorrow. :thumbsup2

YAY you got to MK! It's so obvious how happy you are to be there from your pictures.

I was so happy to be back! I cannot even explain how happy I was now. :cool1:

Haha I am totally the person that makes everyone stop for pins. I'm getting pretty good at the scan-from-a-distance though.

I like the scan-from-a-distance tactic! That's what I mostly did, especially when Nate would stop someone and just disappear so I'd check to see if I liked the pins before I went to grab him lol

See, I deliberately hold it until I can get to the Rapunzel bathrooms because they're the best. TMI? Maybe.

Maybe, but I totally would've done the same thing if I didn't so rarely use the bathroom in Disney lol I mostly was betting on my phone dying and us being nearby to go back to the Tangled bathrooms to charge. You'll find out how this worked out later. :lmao:

Woo hoo! You're on your first Disney Bus Ride of the trip! Yay! That's always so exciting! :goodvibes

SOOO exciting! :woohoo:

Magic Kingdom is definitely the park to visit FIRST! To me, it doesn't feel like I'm really there until I step foot inside those gates and see the castle!

Exactly! After this trip, I don't think I could go back to what I did on my second trip because it's just SOOOO much more magical going to MK than any other park.

Love all your pictures of the Little Mermaid ride. My daughter is going to be stoked riding that. :thumbsup2

Thank you! :goodvibes If she is an Ariel fan, she will LOVE it!

Sorry you weren't able to eat your favorite Golden Oak Outpost! :(

:/ It's okay now. I'll have to make sure to go there first day next trip so I'm not missing it forever. ::yes::

I'm here! Sorry for being so tardy.

I'm going to have the time to read and comment in detail tomorrow. :thumbsup2

YAY DANIELLE'S HERE! :welcome: And it's totally fine, you're just in time for the good stuff.

Looking forward to it! :mickeyjum

Quick question for my fabulous readers:

I've been purposefully slowing down these updates since they are getting lengthy now to say the least, but I am able to whip them out just as quickly. For that reason, I've been holding back on updating and have really gotten ahead, but I'm nervous to post since I don't want to overwhelm you all. The thing is I'm not entirely sure if it would since you've been pretty on the ball when responding to my updates, but I wanted to check to make sure. Please let me know what you prefer: this more moderate update pace or going back to the quicker pace).

Thank you and enjoy the update (two parts this time)!

"I DOWNED that thing." Heigh Ho! Out The Doors We Go! ~Part I
June 23rd, 2014

After trekking through the last of that not-so-dangerous terrain in Adventureland, we ended up here...

Yes, some of you were right on the ball with this one! We were here to get a taste of none other than...

:mickeybar THE DOLE WHIP! :mickeybar

I had recommended this to Nate the last time he was in Disney (he called me on the phone) so this was not his first rodeo with a Dole Whip, but me... a DISer vet now... It was my first. Ever.

*LARGE GASP FROM THE CROWD* *A HUSH FALLS OVER THEM*

Yeah, I know, but I've tried it okay! It happened about three or so weeks ago. I've had a Dole Whip! You can all go home. BUT WAIT NOT REALLY!

Anyways, now it was time to make the choice of WHICH Dole Whip would be me first. For those who followed along with my PTR, no I am NOT a pineapple fan. I despise it and it makes me gag. For the most part I stay away, but I just HAD to try a Dole Whip. Also, as a Dole Whip newbie, I was going to go for the classic, not take the float route. So what did I end up going with? Well, this little baby!

Yes, I went the safest route possible with a plain vanilla Dole Whip. I ordered second to make this decision. Nate ordered first and got the Citrus I believe. Two Snack Credits, POOF just like that.

We didn't see any seating anywhere and the Dole Whips were already liquidizing so we headed towards the nearby Bridge in an alcove off to the side to enjoy our delicious treats. And OMG, THESE were EXACTLY what we needed! Not only did I thoroughly enjoy my Dole Whip, but it helped cool me off so much. Nate and I agreed it was the perfect snack at that moment.

The only thing was that they melted so quickly, we ended up eating super quick and over into the Adventureland bridge river. Or at least I did. It was a much better bet after christening the floors of the verandah with excess Dole Whip, something the Disney custodial staff probably wasn't looking forward to cleaning up (Dole Whips are quite sticky in liquid form).

Because mine was really melting quickly, I was able to finish mine up before Nate. Nate was shocked since I'm generally not a fast eater and always the person to leave a meal unfinished or take an extra hour to finish a meal behind everyone else. This prompted me to say after I tossed my first official Dole Whip cup away, "I DOWNED that thing!", with a lot of emphasis on that "DOWNED", and proceeded to say it A LOT. I just felt so accomplished and it reminded me that I really do EAT in Disney, like I actually will finish meals because... Who are we kidding? Nothing beats Disney food! NOTHING!

While Nate was still working on his Dole Whip, I went on the search for a water fountain. I will let you know this was my first experience with Disney tap water in a LONG time and my taste in water has become very refined.

YES, I did say TASTE IN WATER.

I'm a huge water snob. I've never really drank Voss or fancy waters like that nor do I like sparkling water (I frankly think it should be banned in America), but not all water tastes the same to me and if it seems REALLY strange I might not react in the most attractive manner. I try to be civilized, but sometimes... it'll slip out.

I'm sure you know where this was going so I'll get right to the point.

I was using a fountain off to the side, untouched by anyone, to wash off my sticky hands a bit, which actually benefited more from evaporation then actual rinsing, but that's besides the point. I then decided to take a quick sip of water to adjust my water to food ratio a bit. It tasted funny to me and without even thinking about it, I turned around and...

SPIT OUT THE WATER!

*All readers go running for the hills and this TR is left vacant*

Yeah, I was so embarrassed with myself and I don't blame you for wanting to leave now. I could not believe what I did. I just spit right into oncoming Adventureland traffic. If it weren't for the fact there wasn't a nearby bush I could easily hide into, I'd have disappeared already. Instead I just walked away, Nate now in tow, not visibly as I was, but equally embarrassed by my... uh... episode and left my extremely unattractive moment in my tracks with as much dignity as possible. (Never. Again.) Nate threw away his Dole Whip cup and we were back into the thick of the current Adventureland population.

I tried again to get Nate to do Jungle Cruise, but he just dragged me on by until we came face-to-face with this beautiful sign.

My memory might be foggy, but I might've immediately burst out singing, "In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room!" Then, I thought... "OMG, we TOTALLY walked by this ride earlier and never said anything. What?!" This coupled with my little incident by the Adventureland bridge led to me really hating myself right about now.

I've been obsessed with this ride since I went on a whole vintage Disney rampage a few years back on the Teen Board. At the time, the ride was still "Under New Management" with Iago and Zazu running the show. Needless to say, after watching MANY videos of that version and the classic version in Disneyland (that has been there since park opening), I was ready for New Management to leave and put Jose and friends back in charge. To my luck, the Iago animatronic went up in flames in a bad fire at the attraction and not too long after, the original was re-instated. YAY ME! So when I was presented with this golden opportunity, I didn't hesitate and luckily Nate was all for seeing...

:flower1: WALT DISNEY'S ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM :flower1:

See? He even asked for a photo with the sign. Of course, I obliged and then we hopped right in line with basically no wait (or at least that's what the standby line timer said).

I might be hanging onto faded memories again, but I think some little ones were having issues with the turnstiles you have to push through here. Not an issue for us, but I like being as detailed as possible.

Moving on...

We had PERFECT timing and were the first ones led into the pre-show area. The CMs asked us to move down to the end of each row per the norm, but Nate and I were very sneaky and got optimum positions right in the middle. I know this attraction is not exactly a popular stop in WDW so I'm sure it really didn't matter if we stood where we were and there weren't a whole lot of people coming in behind us, which means...

PHOTO TIME!

We waited quite a bit since it took awhile for a decently sized crowd to form so there is lots of Tiki Room pre-show/queue spam coming your way.

I didn't get one with the sign, okay!

And then the pre-show finally began. I thought this whole thing was hysterical, although I missed some bits and pieces I still thought it was perfect.

Then, we were ushered inside for the main attraction. Nate and I ended up sitting in separate rows because I wanted to be centered and Nate just wanted to be near the exit (this became a trend for most of our trip). I know it doesn't really matter where you sit since everything happens above you and all around you, but center is always better for... anything pretty much.

The show started, we laughed, I turned into a five year old again and ooo'd and ahh'd at everything, the finale came and soon we were heigh-ho'd on out of the Tiki Room.

Since this was a "new attraction", I'll give you our consensus for this one too: It was fabulous!

I love how Disney is starting to embrace their vintage image once again with the return of the Orange Bird, the Hatbox Ghost animatronic and Dreamfinder at the D23 expo, so on and so forth. Vintage Disney is so nuanced since it's a style of Disney and entertainment that really went so out-of-style, but so missed that to bring it back, it's like building a new experience altogether. And the re-introduction of the Enchanted Tiki Room at the Magic Kingdom is one such example. It's fun, colorful, classic, detailed, fluffy, hysterical and something that leaves you with that quintessential Disney grin you cannot erase no matter how hard you try. I mean, even Nate was pleasantly surprised by how much he enjoyed it. I really hope it starts drawing in crowds so that the parks could enjoy this timeless classic for a LONG time.

In short, if you are looking for an escape from the heat and an under-appreciated attraction to give some love on those busier park days: The Enchanted Tiki Room is truly worth your while.

Now, getting back on track, during the show I got a text on my phone telling me our room was ready! The text also had our building and room number so we could go right there. Our bags also could possibly be in the room along with all our pins and other park essentials we could possibly need so we decided to take a quick midday break to refresh ourselves and check out AoA and our room.

Continued Here

"I DOWNED that thing." Heigh Ho! Out The Doors We Go! ~Part II
June 23rd, 2014

Before we headed out, I had to get some pictures with some more Tiki friends:

That's all kinds of no. Let's put on some sunglasses, see if that helps.

Much better. And no unruly Tiki sprayed me. Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

We made our way out of Adventureland, no pin trading (I forgot to mention we actually only were carrying around two pins since our lanyards were in our non-carry on luggage), but I did take a quick photo of the sign because... the sign!

We bee-lined it right on down Main Street.

And through the Emporium to escape the heat (this was our usual strategy for leaving the Magic Kingdom since Nate liked pin trading in there too).

While Nate was pin trading (Two pins was more than enough for him), I found the limited edition Haunted Mansion wallpaper iPhone case that everyone was buying! The checks had still not gone through so I took a photo to remind myself to go buy it later.

We ended up out here:

And then made our grand exit from the parks through the corresponding archway. Before we got out of the way of the bag check area, we spotted a cool little spot for a photo op and took a moment for some quick photography. My photography game was SERIOUSLY on point this trip. No joke.

It was such a gorgeous day. That sky is so blue and those clouds are so perfect.

Nate requested a picture with the above groundwork:

And we were out!

Monorail Blue came whizzing by as we passed under it. I made sure to let the bodiless Monorail voice guy who lives where else but the monorail that I'd be visiting him later.

The Art of Animation bus *ahem* motorcoach stop is the furthest away so it gave me more opportunity to take some photos of the surrounding resort area. All the monorail resorts are my dream resorts so I had to get some well-deserved pics. They are all equally gorgeous.

First, the Grand Floridian!

Oooo, fancy new Disney motorcoach!

Sorry.

I mean... the Contemporary!

And last but not least, my personal favorite, the Polynesian (with its new friend, Mr. Crane)!

Fun fact: Nate, on his first trip ever when he was... 8 I believe, stayed at BOTH the Contemporary AND the Polynesian. He never made it over to the Grand, but is OBSESSED with it. I was really happy when I got to tell him that we had an ADR there at the end of the week. The Grand was also the only monorail resort I hadn't been inside either so I was excited too. Score one for Timmy on great resort ADR choice! :D

I also had to get some photos of the lovely ferries making their rounds:

And the classic Disney Transport motorcoach:

The stop for Art of Animation was all the way at the end so we still had a bit of a walk, but we got there with barely a line... that built up with the wait.

Nate acted all stoic about this heat, flaunting his two pin lanyard:

I was a bit more dramatic in my composure (I'm a theater kid, what do you expect?) :

My attractiveness was at an all time high that day... NOT!

I think we might've had some conversations with some people in line or I was judging people for rookie mistakes (although that might be a bit hypocritical since I made quite a few already). Soon the bus arrived and we were on our way back home. I took some photos along the way, no surprise there:

TTFN Magic Kingdom!

See you tomorrow!

Within a blink of an eye, we were pulling into the Magic Kingdom stop at Disney's Art of Animation resort, ready to fully uncover what was to be our home for this day and the following five!

Continued Here

Thank you!

Oh really? LOL, that's hysterical. You'll have to let me know where we veer off from one another when I post some more updates.

I'm so glad! I want to be back at the parks too so that probably might be factored in haha

Well we've veered off from one another....when you went to the Tiki Room we had an ADR at Crystal Palace so we made our way back towards Main Street. But it was fun reliving the path we also took. :)

Love the Tiki room pics. We didn't make it in there last trip but I want to make it back there in the future. Great pics outside MK too. I also dream of staying at the Grand Floridian....one day. :)

Oh and I enjoy updates often. We are very slow at work right now, so in my downtime I catch up on the Dis. More updates means I'm not so bored at work. :rotfl2:

I think your spacing of posts is fabulous:)
I am glad you enjoyed the dole whip....I have not tried one yet, but intend to. I cannot get past the raspberry lemonade slushes near the dole whips....they make me so happy :goodvibes
I cannot believe Nate fell asleep between the airport and AoA!! That is against all rules!:rotfl:

As always I think your report is awesome. The spacing? always keep your readers in suspense and wanting more. JK Rowling....look what that tactic did for her.:thumbsup2

I knew you were going for the DW...didn't want to spoil the surprise.

I remember the Tiki Room from when it first opened at DLP. The only airconditioned building in the Park (the others had dinosaurs waving fans with their tails;)) If memory serves, it cost extra to go into the Tiki Room originally.

At some point they sold pineapple spears as a treat. I know that would be a fave treat for you:sick: JK of course.

Sounds like you were having a wonderful time, although you and Nate sound like polar opposites (Oscar and Felix) Can't wait to read the next installment:cheer2:

I actually have never had a Dole Whip! I really don't like pineapple so that's why I've avoided it but I may have to try it next time.

I'm SO glad you loved Enchanted Tiki Room! That and Carousel of Progress are my two favorite underrated Classic Disney attractions. I love that they have so much Tiki Room merch now. They actually have a sign you can buy and if it wasn't $150 I would be all over it.

I love the pic with the MK groundwork!

Also I just saw on Lia's TR that you are applying for the DCP for fall advantage 2015...I am too!!! I hate to wish time away but I'm so excited for February to get here so I can apply.

Okay! I'm getting all caught up now and ready to comment.

Of course you guys had to watch Frozen before heading out on the trip. Great way to start things off.

It is always good to act like an adult at the airport. Good lookin' out son! :lmao:

Awesome to have a mini-reunion at the airport.

I like your rant on smiling with your teeth. My Mom does a lot of that too, and I just want her to open up wide and smile!

Arriving! It's always the best to finally touch down and be in the airport. It's a sign of good things to come!

Awww, Mears bus. :worried:

You are correct, Donald is forever in my heart. There is no other. :lovestruc

Holler! Drop your stuff off and go. That's how we do. Get to a park!

I would cry if the Peoplemover was closed on my trip, I'm not gonna lie.

Who wouldn't want to ride the Little Mermaid?! A travesty I tell you. It's a good old standby for me. If I don't know what else to do....go on the Little Mermaid.

Awwww, Timmy. Missing out on the Golden Oak Outpost.

I'm a fan of the swirl dole whip. I love pineapple, but I really like the combination of the vanilla and the pineapple flavor.

I don't think the people who come here from Europe would appreciate if we banned sparkling water. I know my Mom wouldn't. :rotfl:

My family loves the Tiki Tiki Room...even bought an old phone cover because it was called Tiki and my daughter said it would always remind her of the songs. So I am glad you sat down and enjoyed. I agree the return to the old is much better...glad I got to see the under new management, but love the vintage ideas so much.

I have a feeling your pin trading friend is about to trading even more with a full lanyard.

Well we've veered off from one another....when you went to the Tiki Room we had an ADR at Crystal Palace so we made our way back towards Main Street. But it was fun reliving the path we also took. :)

Love the Tiki room pics. We didn't make it in there last trip but I want to make it back there in the future. Great pics outside MK too. I also dream of staying at the Grand Floridian....one day. :)

Oh and I enjoy updates often. We are very slow at work right now, so in my downtime I catch up on the Dis. More updates means I'm not so bored at work. :rotfl2:

Oh, of course lol Love Crystal Palace! Almost booked a breakfast there for my trip, but went with 1900 Park Fare since I've done dinner at CP before. Was that your first time? How did you like it?

Thank you! You totally should! It's such a cute classic ride. Literally became one of my new must-dos after this trip. ::yes:: OMG, THE GRAND! I never thought much of it before this trip (I don't know why, but I did), now... I might just book a stay there... TODAY.

Awesome! Well, I'll have to see how others feel about it, but thanks for your feedback!

I think your spacing of posts is fabulous:)
I am glad you enjoyed the dole whip....I have not tried one yet, but intend to. I cannot get past the raspberry lemonade slushes near the dole whips....they make me so happy :goodvibes
I cannot believe Nate fell asleep between the airport and AoA!! That is against all rules!:rotfl:

Perfect! Thank you! :)

You must! But Raspberry lemonade slushes... that sounds intriguing. Must try that next time.

I know, seriously. I am punishing him with posting all the photos I took of him asleep *maniacal laugh*

As always I think your report is awesome. The spacing? always keep your readers in suspense and wanting more. JK Rowling....look what that tactic did for her.:thumbsup2

I knew you were going for the DW...didn't want to spoil the surprise.

I remember the Tiki Room from when it first opened at DLP. The only airconditioned building in the Park (the others had dinosaurs waving fans with their tails;)) If memory serves, it cost extra to go into the Tiki Room originally.

At some point they sold pineapple spears as a treat. I know that would be a fave treat for you:sick: JK of course.

Sounds like you were having a wonderful time, although you and Nate sound like polar opposites (Oscar and Felix) Can't wait to read the next installment:cheer2:

Hmmm, that does sound like a good idea. But I don't want to leave you all too much in suspense, that's no fun. We'll see.

Haha, well thank you for keeping it on the down low then! :thumbsup2

Woah, really? And do you mean DLR? I don't think DLP has a Tiki room if my knowledge serves me right. Still, you had to pay EXTRA for the tiki room. Wow. AND THERE WERE DINOSAURS FANNING YOU! SIGN ME UP!

Eww, no. Not at all.

Haha, we sort of are, but then we sort of aren't. I guess it's that he's very old-fashioned and I'm a bit more contemporary (no pun intended) with how we handle things. I haven't seen The Odd Couple, but oddly enough, Oscar and Felix could be us (Yes, I had to look that up when I read your comment lol :lmao: )

I actually have never had a Dole Whip! I really don't like pineapple so that's why I've avoided it but I may have to try it next time.

I'm SO glad you loved Enchanted Tiki Room! That and Carousel of Progress are my two favorite underrated Classic Disney attractions. I love that they have so much Tiki Room merch now. They actually have a sign you can buy and if it wasn't $150 I would be all over it.

I love the pic with the MK groundwork!

Also I just saw on Lia's TR that you are applying for the DCP for fall advantage 2015...I am too!!! I hate to wish time away but I'm so excited for February to get here so I can apply.

You totally should! Just get the regular Vanilla. You don't taste pineapple at all and this is coming from someone who despises it too. There is a fruitiness, but I wouldn't pinpoint it to pineapple. Try it next time and you'll understand what I mean.

OMG, SAME! Well... Actually I think my love for Spaceship Earth pummels both of them, but Nate and I were all about the classics this trip, CoP being another. I actually saw an AMAZING Tiki Room at Art of Disney that I literally would've spent my life savings on it was so perfect. I wish I got a picture because it was just gorgeous! Love vintage Disney!

Thank you! I wish I got better pictures of it tho. Oh well.

OMG, REALLY?! That's awesome! What are your top roles? I actually just made a ticker for my siggy since... I was just so excited. Even the idea I could be back in Disney in less than a year (Fall Advantage begins late May/early June) gives me those warm fuzzies. Oh gosh, I hope I get in! Best of luck to you! We'll have to start PMing once the process begins, I'm probably going to need someone to freak out to lol

P.S. How was your latest trip?

Okay! I'm getting all caught up now and ready to comment.

YAY! So happy you've caught up! :goodvibes

Of course you guys had to watch Frozen before heading out on the trip. Great way to start things off.

It literally was the perfect movie to kick off this trip. You'll see why later on in this trip.

It is always good to act like an adult at the airport. Good lookin' out son! :lmao:

Well... it's just something you have to remind yourself sometimes ESPECIALLY when you are getting on a plane to Disney that day. ::yes::

Awesome to have a mini-reunion at the airport.

It was a nice surprise! Really hope I'll see more kids from my class before the summer is up.

I like your rant on smiling with your teeth. My Mom does a lot of that too, and I just want her to open up wide and smile!

But really. It actually didn't bother me before, but Nate NEVER smiled like this before and I have photographic proof of this so... it just irked me. You'll probably hear me rant a few times more once we get to character M&G time. ;)

Arriving! It's always the best to finally touch down and be in the airport. It's a sign of good things to come!

Awww, Mears bus. :worried:

It is! Such a great feeling.

Like I said... a blessing in disguise that one, it was good prepping for the good dosage of magic I got later on.

You are correct, Donald is forever in my heart. There is no other. :lovestruc

Exactly, my point. My heart is shared amongst others. Yours has Donald.

Holler! Drop your stuff off and go. That's how we do. Get to a park!

Right on!

I would cry if the Peoplemover was closed on my trip, I'm not gonna lie.

I pretty much did everyday before I left. Getting it out before actually being there is a good way of saving up Wishes tears.

Who wouldn't want to ride the Little Mermaid?! A travesty I tell you. It's a good old standby for me. If I don't know what else to do....go on the Little Mermaid.

Who wouldn't want to ride? The kid who skipped out on Animal Kingdom to spend a morning searching for some random guy to trade pins with. Oops, SPOILER ALERT.

Awwww, Timmy. Missing out on the Golden Oak Outpost.

I actually hated myself a bit after I got home. My Golden Oak :lovestruc

I'm a fan of the swirl dole whip. I love pineapple, but I really like the combination of the vanilla and the pineapple flavor.

I might try a Citrus and Vanilla swirl to see how that goes next time. Baby steps, it is necessary.

I don't think the people who come here from Europe would appreciate if we banned sparkling water. I know my Mom wouldn't. :rotfl:

I wish I understood the appeal honestly. I feel so unclassy for disliking sparkling water. Just know I have nothing against people who do. I just... don't understand.

My family loves the Tiki Tiki Room...even bought an old phone cover because it was called Tiki and my daughter said it would always remind her of the songs. So I am glad you sat down and enjoyed. I agree the return to the old is much better...glad I got to see the under new management, but love the vintage ideas so much.

I have a feeling your pin trading friend is about to trading even more with a full lanyard.

Awww, that's awesome! If only Disney started selling vintage Tiki room iPhone cases (just think of the possibilities!). It is a vastly underrated attraction. I think Under New Management actually tainted its legendary status. Hopefully it will start getting its due soon enough.

OH YEAH and me too, actually. Even though I'm more of a collector than a trader.

Hmmm, that does sound like a good idea. But I don't want to leave you all too much in suspense, that's no fun. We'll see.
I like the frequent updates, but I know you must write around your schedule..

Haha, well thank you for keeping it on the down low then! :thumbsup2

Woah, really? And do you mean DLR? I don't think DLP has a Tiki room if my knowledge serves me right. Still, you had to pay EXTRA for the tiki room. Wow. AND THERE WERE DINOSAURS FANNING YOU! SIGN ME UP!

Eww, no. Not at all.
Yes I meant Disneyland Park, thus my reference DLP meaning Disneyland Park not Disneyland Paris, which I always forget about. (t I still can't think of it as anything else.....):confused3
My oldtimer humor...there weren't really dinosaurs..I think they were extinct about two years before I went to Disneyland the first time.
:rotfl:

Haha, we sort of are, but then we sort of aren't. I guess it's that he's very old-fashioned and I'm a bit more contemporary (no pun intended) with how we handle things. I haven't seen The Odd Couple, but oddly enough, Oscar and Felix could be us (Yes, I had to look that up when I read your comment lol :lmao: )
The Odd Couple??? It's a classic!!

My grandkids also have to look up a lot of my references, all but the oldest, he's an ancient history buff.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter