Character Performer - PFLA Questions

mirpandaa

Earning My Ears
Hello, I know in the past if you passed your auditions and were accepted as a Character Performer there was a possibility of getting accepted specifically as a "Character Performer - PFLA" (potential face look alike).

I recently auditioned and had extra photos taken and am waiting to hear back the results. I was wondering if they still accept people as "PFLA" nowadays or if EVERYONE just gets accepted as a general Character Performer.

I know that no matter what any possible look alike would need to be fit and approved once they started training, but I just wanted to know if they still refer to you as a PFLA upon acceptance for the college program.

Thank you! And have a MAGICAL DAY :D

Yes it is possible! I just met with a school counselor to organize stuff for Disney for when I check in on June 11th 2012 and written next to my name for my job was PFLA. So maybe once you meet with a counsler you will find out your position. :yay:

Hi, do they tell you who you are going to be and/or if you can be a face character before you go down there? I would really like to be a character performer, but I'd REALLY like to do face (I know you have to do fur as well, but I'm kind of hoping I can be friends with Alice, Wendy, and Tinkerbelle...all of the short people lol.)

Thanks!

When you are a character performer you are not only a specific character (costumed, not face). You are a height category. Depending on your height you could be a wide range of characters.

I understand that, but I was wondering if they let you know if you're going to be face before you get to Orlando. My understanding was that there was fur like Mickey, Minnie... and then face like the Princesses, Princes... I would like to know if I would be face/costume before I got to Orlando IF I were to get into the program. Thanks. :) Or do you just not know and are assigned a height range and just hope you could be face?

Generally unless you have a friend currently in the company with access to the Hub you will not know your height range or if your PFLA until you check in. If you pass your audition you just find out you will be a performer. At check in you will find ot your height range if your just fur and I believe which characters your beig considered for if your pfla. Not positive about that second part though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter