Character Meets

GrumpyFamilyof5

DIS Veteran
hey, I've seen on Universal's website that there are some characters the kids can see, like Cat in the Hat,Spider-man, Spongebob and such, but it also says and more, I'm just wondering who the more is? Interested in mainly knowing if Dora is in Universal or the Hulk in IOA ?
Thanks for any info!:)

We met does about two years ago at universal studios near the front of the park. There is a micktooms parade as well...or used to be anyway. Spiderman is on a store setting with proffesional photographer to pose with him. Never scene hulk though. Oh yeah, there is also Lucy and ricky ricardo, woody wood pecker, the fantastic four parade, nicktoons characters, blues brothers, marilyn monroe, and scooby and shaggy and now the simpsons to name a few I remember seeing. Also islands has a super hero character breakfast as well with a good character interaction.

There is a character breakfast at IOA with Spiderman, Cat in the Hat, and Things 1 and 2. You can meet the Simpsons, Woody and Wendy Woodpecker, and Curious George close to the Terminator 2 show. There's a talking Donkey, and Shrek and Princess Fiona meet and greet by the Shrek show. And I believe you can find Dora and Jimmy Neutron by the Jimmy Neutron/Nicktoons ride. There is the Blues Brother show, and you can run into Lucy, Ricky and Marilyn Monroe around the main entrance area if I remember correctly. There's a small Super Hero parade in the Marvel Island at IOA, and you can meet the Cat in the Hat, the Grinch, and the 2 characters from Green Eggs and Ham at Seuss Landing. Check out my TR for pics!!

wow,great review, took awhile to read and look at photos, but worth it. Answered alot of questions for me! Hope we have as good of a time as you did! Thanks!:)

we have had our pictures taken with shrek and donkey and I got my phot with angelica from the rugrats (just outside i love lucy entrance). she was cute!

I don't suppose The Jetsons or The Flintstones tread the boards at Universal Studios anymore? That's so 1996! lol. I met them at a character breakfast way back when! :)

We were there over Christmas break (Dec. 26-Jan. 2) and my kids are teenagers, but were more than thrilled to meet and have photos taken with Grinch, Thing 1 & Thing 2, Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham character, several Hoo-ville characters, Ricky and Lucy, Barney, the Simpsons, SPONGEBOB(!!!!!) Dora, Jimmy Neutron, Scooby, Curious George, Woody Woodpecker, Shrek, Spiderman, and these were frequent easy opportunities for a quick photo, no really waiting in line, the characters were everywhere at every turn. Spongebob accepted my daughter's marriage proposal :) She just loves Spongebob!

Donkey is great! Talks non-stop just like in the movie.

We've also run into Doc Brown hanging out by his DeLorean fairly recently.

Donkey is great! Talks non-stop just like in the movie.

We've also run into Doc Brown hanging out by his DeLorean fairly recently.

Oh so cool, I love Back to the Future movies!
DS(7) will love seeing donkey, he still laughs at him every time he watches the movies!;)

They have a show over in the Kids area where Scooby, Shaggy, Woody Woodpecker, Curious George and I think one other come out and do a little dance routine and then pose for pictures and autographs. I also saw Bullwinkle running around during my last trip.

Last time we were there (October) The Simpsons were out and about- Bart and Lisa over by the Quickie Mart and the whole family in their camper by T2.

The penguins and Alex from Madagascar are out too.

Sponge Bob is inside after you exit the Jimmy Neutron ride.

I don't suppose The Jetsons or The Flintstones tread the boards at Universal Studios anymore? That's so 1996! lol. I met them at a character breakfast way back when! :)

i did see the flintstone gang 3 years ago at the studios. not at the breakfast but on the bus or whatever that trolley type car is called.

dora is still at the parks.
she was in october 08.
she is such a cutie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter