Character Meals

wdwtink

Mouseketeer
Hi, we are planing to take a trip to Disneyland Paris and I was wondering about the character meals. When we are at WDW we always go to Cinderella's breakfast. Is there anything like this? I would love to hear from anyone who knows about any of the Character meals and what characters are there? My girls love the princesses, are they easily found in the parks or for meals?

Thanks

Hi,

Where are you staying?

If you are staying in a Disney on-site hotel (excluding The Disneyland Hotel) then you can have a character breakfast in Cafe Mickey in Disney Village or in a restaurant in the park (before the park opens to the public). If you are staying in The Disneyland Hotel you can take a character breakfast in California Grill, within the hotel. If you're staying off-site I'm not sure if character breakfasts are available ??

I haven't done the character breakfast at Cafe Mickey's or in the park, but in the DLH the characters were (by looking at our photos!) Minnie & Mickey, Chip & Dale, Goofy, Donald, A mouse (not sure what he/she's called!), Pluto & Pinocchio to name a few.

Richard.

We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel so we will try that breakfast. It sounds great. Is it included in the price? What about character dinner or lunch in the park? I hear there is one at the Lucky Nugget. Does anyone know anything about this one or any others that we should try? Thanks:D

Hi,

No, character breakfasts aren't usually included in the cost of your holiday package. Although, if you have booked with Cresta they offer a free character breakfast for everyday of your stay in the Disneyland Hotel.

I'm not sure about a character lunch or dinner (I think Cafe Mickey offers character dinners). However, there is a Character Tea Party which is situated in the Lucky Nugget in Fronteirland of The Disneyland Park. Here they serve a selection of cakes and doughnuts with characters dressed up in a western-theme.

Richard. :)

The breakfast at the disneyland hotel has changed.

included in the price for every guest is breakfast with character greeting. this means characters will be in the waiting area as you approach the restaurant. they don't visit tables anymore.

IMHO the best character meal is the buffet dinner in the hotel. Superb food and good attention from a selection of characters.

Alec

:smooth:

I didn't know there was a character dinner in the hotel. I'll have to check in to that. The Lucky Nugget sounds good, too. I think I need to get a book on DLP! This is so different from planning a trip to WDW because it is all so new to me. Are there lots of characters in the parks for autographs? Is it hard to find a princess? I have little girls who are eager to meet them. thanks for all the help:)

That's a shame, Alec. A character breakfast just isn't a character breakfast without them visiting the tables IMO. Is the character dinner in Inventions? We've had dinner here before but there weren't any characters then. However, the selection of food is delicious and there really is something for everyone.

WDWTink - Seen as your planning a trip to DLP I would definitely purchase Simon's book - 'A Brit's Guide to Disneyland Paris' it is crammed full of useful information and is a must-have for anyone planning a trip to DLP. There are quite a few characters in the park (probably about the same as WDW) but out of the hotels, you may well find it a bit more manic compared with WDW and a little less civilized queuing to meet them! I can't honestly say I saw many princesses, but with a 4 year old son they aren't really the characters you look out for! You could ask in Town Hall at the entrance of the park on the left hand-side and I'm sure they’d be able to help you out as to where to find the princesses.

Richard. :)

A good friend has just returned from Disneyland hotel. She said there were 8 characters each day and they DID tour the tables.

I would strongly recommend Cafe Mickey but for lunch or an early dinner. At breakfast it is full with set meal times making it busy.
At other times , especially lunch it is far quiter and you get more quality character time.

We went in late may about 12noon and were one of only three groups in there. Hence we had three charcters sat at the table with us, Mickey kidnapped our toddler and we had almost constant attention.

Lucky Nugget is quite good but not a patch on Cafe Mickey.

Also excellent is dinner at inventions in the Disneyland hotel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter