Character Meals- Where to go?

beccamarie

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I need some tips or suggestions for which character meals are the best. I have a 5 and 7 year old daugther who love all the princesses. I am thinking I heard there is a princess breakfast. Any advice or good experiences would be appreciated!

Hi All,

I need some tips or suggestions for which character meals are the best. I have a 5 and 7 year old daugther who love all the princesses. I am thinking I heard there is a princess breakfast. Any advice or good experiences would be appreciated!

1900 Park Fare - Supercalablahblahblah....(Mary Poppins) - Breakfast
1900 Park Fare - Cinderella's Dinner...- Dinner
Ashkersus - Epcot Norway - Princesses
Cinderella's Royal Table - Princesses

Ditto the above suggestions.

Akershus breakfast is our favorite princess meal. We dine there twice per visit!

1900 Park Faire dinner with Cinderella and her Prince is also a "must do" for us.

We did the castle once (Jan 2009) - while it was neat to eat inside the castle, we felt the princess interaction was rushed compared to Akershus.

The Mary Poppins breakfast (1900 park faire) doesn't have any princesses but there is Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Tigger and Pooh. We tried it out on our last trip (Sept 2009) and really enjoyed it!!

Loved both CRT & Akershus. Did lunch in Sept plan to do breakfast in May. Both were great. Can't go wrong. If I had to choose, I would do the castle as it's more special, and DD3 requested to go back there.

Akershus or Cinderella's Royal Table would be your best options for princess meals. If you are on the dining plan, Akershus is 1 TS credit while CRT is 2 TS credits - CRT is the more expensive option. It's a magical experience eating in the castle at CRT, but it is rather expensive. At CRT you will meet Cinderella in the lobby before entering the restaurant and then you will see 4 princesses (no guarantee which princesses will appear) during your meal. At Akershus you will meet Belle (yellow gown) in the lobby area before being seated and then you will meet 4 princesses during your meal. Both Akershus & CRT are good - you will enjoy whichever you choose.

1900 Park Fare breakfast is not a princess meal - the characters are Alice, Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Pooh & Tigger.

1900 Park Fare dinner is Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, the 2 Stepsisters.

We did Akershus last August and the girls in our party (6 and 8) loved it. The princess interaction was really nice, and we adults liked seeing all the beautiful gowns. The breakfast was also VERY good and a nice start to the day.

A friend - who has been to WDW countless times - took her niece to CRT, and they didn't like it (this is the 6 yr-old who loved Akershus). Her personal feeling was that the meal and interaction wasn't worth the cost.

FYI -- We have our ADR set for Akershus this August!

another vote for Akershus. If you absolutely HAVE to see Cinderella do the 1900 Park Faire at GF. CRT is not that great and it is expensive!

We loved Akershus-DD4's favorite. Really a good value compared to CRT (only 1 TS credit and an 8x10 photo is included). Great if you are on the dining plan.
Have not heard great things about 1900 Park Fare-YMMV.
We also love Crystal Palace for lunch.

Just because they love princesses doesnt mean that cannot appreciate others...
Crystal Palace- Winnie the Pooh -MK

A Must do for our family, at lease since Empress Lilly is gone is ....
Chef Mickey- Mickey & Friends- Contemporary Resort

This year we are trying Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House (inside Animal Kingdom) and Cape May Cafe at Beach Club Resort

Yah we do princess things for the sister and Wife
But we all have so much fun at the others...

I Miss Liberty Tree Taverns Meal... Meeko was always so much fun at that meal.

We ate at Cinderella's Royal Table...and it was ok.

We waited a long time before Cinderella came by our table (and the prince was a little uptight)

Ditto the above suggestions.

Akershus breakfast is our favorite princess meal. We dine there twice per visit!

1900 Park Faire dinner with Cinderella and her Prince is also a "must do" for us.

We did the castle once (Jan 2009) - while it was neat to eat inside the castle, we felt the princess interaction was rushed compared to Akershus.

The Mary Poppins breakfast (1900 park faire) doesn't have any princesses but there is Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Tigger and Pooh. We tried it out on our last trip (Sept 2009) and really enjoyed it!!

I would love to hear about the food at Akershus as I have written it off due to the norweigen food. I think my daughter would love to see the princesses though...

She does have a milk allergy which does make breakfast kinda tough at times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter