Character meals and Dining Plan?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by chewreck, Aug 25, 2009.

1. chewreck

chewreck Earning My Ears

We are taking our 4 year old daughter to Disney World in mid-December 2009 (12/12-12/19) and are staying for 8 days/7 nights during the free DP promotion.

What are the best meals that we should look into reserving for our trip?

We're considering the following:

Candle light processional
    Cinderella's Table (Breakfast, lunch or dinner?)

Are these two worth the price?

Is there a character meal combination with the Fantastmic show at Hollywood Studios?

Are there other dining options that are tied in with shows (similar to CLP or Fantastmic)?

Other recommendations for character meals?

Is it worth using 2 meals on the DP for the character meals? Or should we pay OOP?

Thanks for any and all recommedations!

Matt

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

I haven't been during Christmas so I can't comment on CLP but I have heard it is really something to see.

As far as CRT goes you might be better paying OOP for breakfast. I would see what other TS meals you decide on then see what works best. If you book CRT and don't use your TS credits your CC gets charged upfront for the ressie.

You might want to think about 1900 Park Fair for dinner (1TS). Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, and Drizella come to your table for pictures and autographs and Cinderella & Prince get all the kids dancing in the middle of the room.

If you have a minute you can check out my TR in my signature. We did quite a few character meals including.... 1900 B&D, CP B&D, Akershus Princess Dining B, Chef Mickey's D, & Hollywood & Vine B.

We have also done CRT L and Garden Grill D.:goodvibes

EDIT: There is no character dining with the Fantasmic dinner package.

4. BenA81

BenA81 is it a golf ball?

you should look into the Princess Storybook Meal in Norway at Epcot.

Most character meals are only one dining service credit. Cindy's table is the only one I am aware of that requires 2.

5. kitten2299

kitten2299 Earning My Ears

I took DD at age 4 and we had a blast!! We did Cinderella's Royal table for lunch and we had a great meal, if you dont want to use 2 meals for it The Princess Storybook Breakfast was great, we did Hollywood and Vine since DD was really into the little Enstines and Jojo. Chef Mickeys was good too, what I did was tell my DD the different characters that were available and let her pick who she wanted to see most. Have a GREAT trip!! princess:

6. squirrel

squirrel DIS Veteran<font color=deeppink>

I would recommed Chef Mickey's and Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House.

1900 Park Fare was also really good.

This year we are trying 'Ohana and Akershus.

7. chewreck

chewreck Earning My Ears

We had been thinking of doing the CRT at the castle, but I think based on these recommendations we're looking at the following list:

• Princess Breakfast at Akershus
    • 1900 Park Fare dinner
    • Candle Light Processional (don't know which restaurant yet, can you do the italian restaurant with this event?)

We'd also like to add a regular character meal (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, etc.). Is Chef Mickey's, Donald's Tusker House, or Garden Grill the best for those types of characters?

As I understand it, the breakfast at Akershus and 1900 Park Fare count as one (1) TS from the DP. Does Candle Light Processional count as two (2) TS from the DP?

8. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330