Character Heights/CP Auditions

What sorts of things to do they look for for villians that are different from the other face characters?

Obviously height and they seem to have more defined facial features from what I've seen. They're kinda pointy. Go look at some pictures of them and you'll get an idea.

I know at the audition that Disney will take your height measurement and that will be your "Disney height"...is that usually pretty accurate with what you actually are or is it a little off? I'm 5'6" and I'm trying to figure which characters I would be in the range for according to Disney height standards.

I know at the audition that Disney will take your height measurement and that will be your "Disney height"...is that usually pretty accurate with what you actually are or is it a little off? I'm 5'6" and I'm trying to figure which characters I would be in the range for according to Disney height standards.

Disney height is usually a little off. Most of the time they measure you down, but I have heard of measuring up. And sometimes it is accurate. It just depends. Usually if they measure you up or down its only about an inch. If you're going for face that is pretty much princess height and the stepsisters. For fur I don't really know.

Do any of you guys know if CM's on the CP can be cast as face characters? I know they can be furries, but I wasn't sure if they could also be considered for face. Is that all part of the CP audition?

Do any of you guys know if CM's on the CP can be cast as face characters? I know they can be furries, but I wasn't sure if they could also be considered for face. Is that all part of the CP audition?

It doesn't happen a lot, but cp's can be considered for face. I actually am following a girl on tumblr who is a cp and friends with Aurora, and soon to be friends with Rapunzel!

It doesn't happen a lot, but cp's can be considered for face. I actually am following a girl on tumblr who is a cp and friends with Aurora, and soon to be friends with Rapunzel!

That's awesome! I don't mind being a furry friend, but I would love to make friends with Snow White!

What is tumblr? LOL I here a lot of people talking about it but I have no idea what it is!

What is tumblr? LOL I here a lot of people talking about it but I have no idea what it is!

it's a micro blogging site. you follow and reblog people much like twitter, but you're not limited to a certain amount of characters. i love it and spend more time on there then on fb! ha ha!

been reading this, i'm excited to try and audition! :-) i'm almost 14, so i won't be able to for a while, but.. i'd love to be alice or cinderella!

I'll have to look into that one! Are you doing the CP again?

hopefully right after i graduate, and with my husband! :) i want to be a character performer this time, and also, think my husband should too(he is goofy height :D) I am dying to get back! we just have to figure out what we would do with all our stuff, since we live on our own now.

Haha, totally random, I follow her too! ^.^

thats awesome! and now i am following you :) i am drmdisneymem on there

hmm...to get back onto topic, uh...i wish said face character was on here, so she could give more information on her audition, would be interesting. I think she may have talked about it on tumblr, but i can't remember. :confused3

Okay...well...I didnt read all of the posts. Haha. Too many! So this may have already been asked. But how tall does Rapunzel need to be?? Are there any other requirements for her...like eye color or anything. I know that in the movie they are like green gray...but I wasnt sure if Disney got that specific on its face characters. Same thing for Ariel. Any specifics?? Thanks sooooo much!!!

P.S. I'm 5 ft. 1 in. with dark brown hair and brownish hazelish greenish eyes. WHat are good characters for me?? I'm a girl......(almost forgot to mention that!!! OOps!!)

Okay...well...I didnt read all of the posts. Haha. Too many! So this may have already been asked. But how tall does Rapunzel need to be?? Are there any other requirements for her...like eye color or anything. I know that in the movie they are like green gray...but I wasnt sure if Disney got that specific on its face characters. Same thing for Ariel. Any specifics?? Thanks sooooo much!!!

P.S. I'm 5 ft. 1 in. with dark brown hair and brownish hazelish greenish eyes. WHat are good characters for me?? I'm a girl......(almost forgot to mention that!!! OOps!!)

You're a little short for princess height, but you could do the fairies. They tend to be shorter than the princesses, who are usually in the 5'4 - 5'6 height range. Eye color can easily be altered with color contacts, so that's not really a big deal. They'll look at your facial features, and how look look in the wigs and costumes. Every princess needs a different kind of look. For your height, I'd aim for the fairies :) You could also be friends with Alice in Wonderland :)

Does anyone know when there might be some more cp character auditions? I'm really hoping to audition and I'd love to know when one would be.

Does anyone know when there might be some more cp character auditions? I'm really hoping to audition and I'd love to know when one would be.

For the CP, they do the auditions twice a year... usually a week in March/April for the Fall Program and a week in October for the Spring program. The dates will be available on the website when the time gets closer. :thumbsup2

Last year the auditions for the Spring CP were around the second weekend in October. They will post audition dates on disneyaudtions.com (look for the one labeled for college program auditioners) and it is also on the college program website. Make sure you consistently check because during your phone interview they will ask you which audition you plan to attend princess:

I'm auditioning as well!:yay:

The smallest of Rapunzel's friends are 5'3 and the same is true with most of the princesses' friends. As for specifics they tend to like that you have similar colored eyes although they don't have to be exact and if casting really likes you they may pull you anyway. At 5'1 your really to small for the princesses but on the bright side if you get measured down (like me) your in a huge range for fur. And there are always the fairies. Although at least right now there isn't much of a need for fairies/alice and wendy doesn't do regular meet and greets anymore so pretty much no need for her. But don't let that get you down! You never know what could happen.

Has anyone done the College program in the International section? Obviously, I'm a neighbour to the North, but so interested in doing the program, in either California or Florida. I'd love to do the Character Performer position (I'm currently a full-time Character Performer elsewhere, I love what I do and I've been told by guests and co-workers I'm very good at it!)

I'm not sure what to expect, whether I have to travel to the States to audition, or if they have their Cruise Line auditions here and I attend that instead. I've done two Disney Cruise auditions so far, but not been selected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter