Character Heights/CP Auditions

Oh WOW....you must have been there at least 2 hours early! So dedicated. :)

Well, the first one was in Boston. That was when I was auditioning for the CP. I wa probably there about an hour and 15 minutes early.

But the second one was in Orlando. That was to extend my CP last summer. I really was there close to 2 hours early (you know how that AK bus is, with wardrobe).

I live 20 minutes outside of Boston, and I now have to drive 6 hours to Rochester, because they aren't holding auditions here. :(

I live 20 minutes outside of Boston, and I now have to drive 6 hours to Rochester, because they aren't holding auditions here. :(

Unfortunately I don't live that close to any of the location areas (I live right outside NYC). But compared to Pitts and Rochester, Boston is closer.

I actually asked my recruiter how Entertainment chooses the locations because this is the first time they've ever auditioned in Iowa. Apparently, they review all of the states that students audition from last semester and use that information to pick the next states. I wonder if not many MA people auditioned - or if they did, they didn't attend the Boston one so they decided to discontinue it?? If a lot of MA people audition this spring, I bet Boston will be back in the fall!!

Yeah, when I auditioned in 2006 there weren't even 50 people there.

Since auditions for Fall 08' start tomorrow, just thought I'd say good luck, everyone!princess:

Yay! This thread was really helpful, since I wasn't sure exactly what I could qualify for. I'm mouse height.( 5'1")

I'm auditioning next week/I applied to extend my program. (I found out we'd stay until August 15th if we get approved to extend. I am hoping for a different role though then what I am now). I am so nervous T.T!! Wish me luck!! I REALLY WANT THIS ROLE :sad: :sad: :sad:

Yay! This thread was really helpful, since I wasn't sure exactly what I could qualify for. I'm mouse height.( 5'1")

That's not mouse- that's actually chipmunk.

Maybe... Joanna, you are certainly correct, but there's still the "Disney Height" thing to be considered... ;) I'm 5'4", but they've measured me at 5'2" both times I've auditioned. I was cast in Chipmunk height at the first audition though.

Most everyone I know has lost 1-2" when Disney measures...so...perhaps...

Actually, when they measured me, they measured me at my exact height (to the quarter of an inch...61.75"). I would have loved to lost an inch or two. And someone else I know got a couple of inches added, and was measured at exactly 5'.

i heard somewhere they actually add a couple inches if you're being considered for a princess role since you'll be wearing heels. but i could have heard wrong.

Most everyone I know has lost 1-2" when Disney measures...so...perhaps...

Actually, when they measured me, they measured me at my exact height (to the quarter of an inch...61.75"). I would have loved to lost an inch or two. And someone else I know got a couple of inches added, and was measured at exactly 5'.

They also measured me at the right height... I'm 5'7 and in the exact middle of Pluto height range, so if I went up or down, I'd still the same.

I suppose I'll stand corrected, or at least advised, though I've NEVER heard this in 5 years! :confused3 (My goodness! Has it been that long?!)

Who knows...? haha... I don't think I'll ever be able to explain the decisions made by the Entertainment casting dept. Anyone else care to try?;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter