Character Caravan

Houstonmouse

Mouseketeer
I read about the Character Caravan in a Disney planning book. Does anyone know if they are still doing this at the resorts? If so, do they have a set schedule for each hotel? We will be staying at WL in October. Are there mobs of kids waiting for the characters as soon as they arrive at the resort? Any details would be appreciated!

We were there in March and they did have a schedule for each of the hotels. I beleive they give you a copy of the schedule upon check in. There was quite a crowd waiting on each of the days the caravan was at the ASMo but it was manageable. I think it was actually more fun watching them arrive and seeing the look on all the kids faced when the doors opened and the characters all cam out. They don't stay very long so it isn't the best option for character interaction.

There are set schedules. They come three days a week, although the days vary by resort. At CSR they came Mon/Wed/Fri. They come twice each day I think at 8:00 am and 9:00 am. Personally I thought the CC was great. There was not a big crowd at all. The last day of our trip the CC included Hook and Smee, Meeko, and Minnie. After about 5 minutes of autographs and pictures, Minnie was just standing around by herself. My DD2 got to spend a lot of time playing with her, which was good since she had been very upset about missing Jessie.

I think the crowds for CC are much lower at the moderates, since people don't have to come to a single bus stop, unlike the Deluxes and All Stars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter