Character breakfast then monorail....

kimber-lilly

Earning My Ears
I don't get the logistics of the park--we have PS for 0830 at Chef Mickeys--was told to park there......we want to do the Magic Kingdome after that--can we leave the car there and take the monorail to the MK? Or can we park at the MK and take the monorail to Chef Mickeys?

We are leaving in a week! Woohoo!

They don't let you park at the Contemporary for too long if you're not a guest there. When you go to park, security will check your PS on a list and give a you a temp parking pass... I heard they will tow you if you're there too long...If you're not staying on disney property, your best bet is to drive to the Downtown Disney after breakfast, you can leave your car there for free and take a bus to any of the parks. You can also park at the MK and take the monorail to the Contemporary (Chef Mickey's).

We're leaving in a week also, 3/5! See you there:-)!!!!

DTD does NOT run buses to the parks. Primairly because people were abusing these free lots to go to the parks. If you don't want to move your car after breakfast (because you will have a limited amount of time to park at the Contemporary-- enough to enjoy breakfast but not enough to go to a park). Anyhow, if you don't want to move the car-- then you'd park at the Ticket and Transportation Center (as there is no parking lots at the actual MK). Then take the monorail to the Contemporary. After breakfast take the monorail from the Contemporary to the MK. At the end of your day you take the monorail back to the TTC.

I thought there is a parking lot at the TTC very close to the contemporary - when we took a bus it dropped off first at Contemp hotel, then passed the transportation center... I saw lots of people walking from the hotel to the TTC...

kimber-lilly said:
I don't get the logistics of the park--we have PS for 0830 at Chef Mickeys--was told to park there......we want to do the Magic Kingdome after that--can we leave the car there and take the monorail to the MK? Or can we park at the MK and take the monorail to Chef Mickeys?

We are leaving in a week! Woohoo!

This is my suggestion - just valet park the car at the Contemporary - it will cost you $6-$7, which is on par with paying to park at the MK, and you can leave the car there all day without a problem. Then take the monorail to MK.

The self-parking at the Contemporary usually has a 3 hour limit, but they rarely seem to enforce it. So you would probably be able to self-park it and leave the car while you eat and go to the MK. However, to avoid having to worry if they are going to tow your car and to avoid the scorn of the DISNEY POLICE on these boards, I would say your best bet is to do the valet parking and not worry about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter