Changing Time of Dining Reservation...

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by HipToBeKyle, Jan 30, 2013.

1. HipToBeKyle

HipToBeKyle Earning My Ears

Hi there!

I wanted to see if anyone has had any luck or experience in changing a Dining Reservation time when the restaurant is fully booked according to the Disney Dining Site?

If I have a dining reservation for two at 9:10pm but want to move it up to anytime between 4pm and 7pm, is there any chance you think the restaurant would accommodate?

Should I call and try or go to the restaurant day of the reservation when they first open and see if they can move it up?

Thanks for the help!

Kyle

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

What restaurant are you asking about and when are you going?

There's always a chance that you can get in earlier, but if the restaurant is very popular or you're going at a busy time the likelihood is less.

In the meantime you can check online multiple times a day to see if something opens up.

Walking up on thhe day of your reservation would be a last resort.

4. yihjye

yihjye Earning My Ears

I would recommend calling the restaurant directly to double check as well. The site might have some time blocked off for reservation while a real person can override it. :love:

5. purple figment

There aren't too many restaurants that can be called directly - just the third party restaurants in DTD and those at Swan and Dolphin. If it is at a Disney owned resort or in one of the parks the only number you can call is the dining line. The only exceptions might be Yak & Yeti and Rainforest Cafe at AK.

Unless the restaurant actually has tables available, CMs on the dining line can't override the system to make additional room.

6. HipToBeKyle

HipToBeKyle Earning My Ears

The res was for Be Our Guest, so I'm fairly certain my chances are slim to none!

I'll just keep checking with Disney Dining.

Thanks,
    Kyle

7. 6disneykids

6disneykids Mouseketeer

I would keep checking day and night, but keep those 9:10 pm ADRs! BOG, at least for awhile, will be a tough one to get changed to a "prime dinner hour" slot, even for a party of 2. You are much braver than I, to even think of going to the podium to try to get in earlier. I fear the "stink eye" from the waiting masses.

8. purple figment