Changing someone on reservation?

diddldonna

Disney crazy :)
My sister has booked and is still paying for a vacation in October. She is going with virgin but booked through thomson. Due to a family situation she can no longer take one of the people on the booking. Can she remove that person easily or add another person instead. Any help would be good so i can calm her down regarding this matter.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer, I think she will have to check with Thomson, it will depend on the terms and conditions at the time she booked. I know with flight only, it is usually impossible to change the booking - it's a case of cancelling and losing the full cost of the flight. That's the situation we are in as DH's sister is divorcing her husband who was supposed to be travelling with us.

With a package it may be different though - although I suspect there would at least be an admin fee to pay.

I hope you get a more helpful response, and your sister gets something sorted x

I believe that as she has booked through Thomson, she should be able to change the name over for a small fee, possibly £25-£30!

If she had booked flight only through Virgin, answer would most likely be 'No' as we had the same situation last year, two people on our booking were no longer coming with us (relationship break-ups.....:mad:) and we wanted to add two more people (they dont waste time...:rotfl2:)....Virgin Atlantic said no way could we change the names, we had to cancel them flights and rebook from scratch so them seats cost me and my hubby double....:headache:

As you said Thomson booking though, im pretty much certain (from my long ago Travel Agent days) that she will be able to change the name no problem!! :thumbsup2

She has booked a package holiday for 2 weeks for 4 people, one of those can't go. So shes not sure if its easier to just cancel that person altogther and get money back if possible. (shes paid it) or offer the space to someone else if she can change them over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter