Changing Palo reservations onboard?

DisneyDream2B

DIS Veteran
We weren't able to get our preferred night at Palo, as only the first night of a 7 night cruise was available when I logged in to book reservations. I booked this, though we really would prefer not to dine at Palo the first night, but instead meet our tablemates and servers the first night. We do have the earliest PAT, and plan to arrive on the first DCL bus from MCO, so hopefully will board fairly early and get in the line to make onboard Palo reservations. However, I'm wondering if a reservation for the first night of the cruise can be changed, or if there is a rule about a certain number of hours notice before changing/cancelling? Should I keep the reservation for the first night of the cruise at Palo and hope to change it to another night onboard, or would it be better to cancel this reservation, and hope for a new reservation onboard? Experienced cruisers, please advise.

Thanks!

We weren't able to get our preferred night at Palo, as only the first night of a 7 night cruise was available when I logged in to book reservations. I booked this, though we really would prefer not to dine at Palo the first night, but instead meet our tablemates and servers the first night. We do have the earliest PAT, and plan to arrive on the first DCL bus from MCO, so hopefully will board fairly early and get in the line to make onboard Palo reservations. However, I'm wondering if a reservation for the first night of the cruise can be changed, or if there is a rule about a certain number of hours notice before changing/cancelling? Should I keep the reservation for the first night of the cruise at Palo and hope to change it to another night onboard, or would it be better to cancel this reservation, and hope for a new reservation onboard? Experienced cruisers, please advise.

Thanks!

Keep the reservation. It's always easier to change an already exisiting reservation than book a new one.

DCL holds back about half of the available Palo reservations for booking onboard. With the early PAT, and boarding, I'd say your chances of making a change are quite good. In fact, we've done that twice on recent cruises. Just check the Navigator that you receive at checkin for where the Palo dining changes/reservations are being handled and go there directly upon boarding.

:cutie:

As above, keep the reservation. It is easier to change than to book from scratch. Go to the location listed on the Welcome Aboard Navigator for Palo Ressies shortly after boarding and ask to change--there is an excellent chance you'll get it. If not, decide at that time whether to keep the first night ressie or to cancel,

DisneyDream2B said:
Thank you so much for the great advice! We'll keep the reservation and try to change it onboard.

We also had a first-night Palo reservation that we successfully changed onboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter