Changing hanging a placeholder cruise?

Feisty Fairy

DIS Veteran
Is there anyway to change a placeholder cruise online or do I need to call? Also I did a place holder that does not specify a date and you put a flat 200 on it. My question is if I move it to a seven night is 10% like it use to be the normal 20%. Thinking of changing the 8th when 2017 dates come out.

You can change your placeholder online, once you check into your DCL account.
When changing a placeholder into an actual cruise the 10% discount to the cruise fare is applied.
The 10% vs 20% is only for the deposit amount: 6n or shorter cruises require a 20% deposit, 7n and longer a 10% deposit. The $200 you payed when booking the placeholder is offset to the deposit due.

For some reason it is not letting me. Keeps asking for my reservation number even after I type it.

I have no hands-on experience with this, but you must login with the name and birthdate used when you booked the OBB placeholder. Thus matching the reservation.

I can't move my placeholder online, either...had to call. Everything looked like I was going to get in, but then I got a page with Stitch on it, stating that "someone ate the page I was looking for"! :)

Since they moved to the no set date placeholder I haven't found out how to change it online, I had to call.

I had the same experience when I booked a cruise a few days ago using a placeholder. I couldn't get the placeholder reservation to open so that I could change it to an actual cruise. I ended up having to call.

Interestingly, the DCL agent mentioned something about the placeholder really being a dummy reservation for a non-existent cruise with a 2034 sail date. :confused: The agents can access it to rebook it to an actual cruise, but the DCL website can't find it, so you get an error.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter