Changing from Package to Room Only

firstwdw

DIS Veteran
Can I book a room only online and then call to cancel my previously booked package when I have time to sit on the phone on hold? Has anyone done this-had any problems? Both reservations would be in my name.
Also, the Disney Visa no interest for 6months only applies to packages right?
I just feel more comfortable with the cancellation policy for room only as we don't do dining anyways.

Yes you can, just make sure the package is cancelled at least 45 days prior to arrival so you get a full refund of what you've already paid. Also, if you got insurance with the package, that will be deducted from your deposit (or whatever has been paid if you've paid more than the $200 deposit) as insurance is not refundable. You are correct that the Disney Visa no interest applies only to packages.

I'm just wondering what the difference is ? Why switch from a package to a room only? Aren't the packages suppose to be a bit cheaper? This is the 1st time I've booked a package and now I'm glad I did since I'm using my Disney Visa to pay for it and I had no idea you needed to book a package for the no interest. I'm still curious why you would cancel a package and re-book a room only if your going to buy park tix anyway? :confused3

Cindie-rella said:
I'm just wondering what the difference is ? Why switch from a package to a room only? Aren't the packages suppose to be a bit cheaper? This is the 1st time I've booked a package and now I'm glad I did since I'm using my Disney Visa to pay for it and I had no idea you needed to book a package for the no interest. I'm still curious why you would cancel a package and re-book a room only if your going to buy park tix anyway? :confused3

Room only res can be cancelled up to 5 days out. The balance gets paid at check in. It is a bit more flexible than a package.

Packages get PIF at 45 days out and will incur fees after that point for cancelling.

Thanks. It just had me curious as to why. So that's the best way to go "in case" you might need to cancel. Gotcha.

Also, with a room-only, you can buy your tickets from an authorized reseller like Undercover Tourist and get a bit of a discount.

Turning your question around, I don't see any reason to book a package unless you want the dining plan!

Also, with a room-only, you can buy your tickets from an authorized reseller like Undercover Tourist and get a bit of a discount.

Turning your question around, I don't see any reason to book a package unless you want the dining plan!

and then I can have them put the tickets on the room key at check in right? I am really leaning towards room only which is originally what I had in mind before the CM talked me into a package. I highly doubt we'd use any of the vouchers that come with a package. I like the flexibility and cancellation policy of a room only and I am 100% sure we are not doing a dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter