Changing Dining Time

kellymonster23

Mouseketeer
We are currently assigned to the second seating and are hoping to change to the first seating. I have called Disney and they have us on the waiting list for the first seating. Has anyone been successful in getting their seating time changed? One person in our group needs to eat early for meds, etc so we are really hoping the wait list will come through. I have read that we can grab snacks/pizza/sandwiches in the early evening (from Flo's?) if we need too, in order to get through until our seating time later. My understanding is that Cabana's is not a buffet for dinner so if you choose to eat there do you still have to go at your assigned dining time? Any info or help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

we have had it changed before. I would go to the desk as indicated on the Navigator right when you get on board and they can most likely get it changed for you.

Once you board, go straight to the room where they make changes to times and rotations. You may have good luck with that, but may also be surprised your assignment changes before January anyways by being on the waitlist already.

We are currently assigned to the second seating and are hoping to change to the first seating. I have called Disney and they have us on the waiting list for the first seating. Has anyone been successful in getting their seating time changed? One person in our group needs to eat early for meds, etc so we are really hoping the wait list will come through. I have read that we can grab snacks/pizza/sandwiches in the early evening (from Flo's?) if we need too, in order to get through until our seating time later. My understanding is that Cabana's is not a buffet for dinner so if you choose to eat there do you still have to go at your assigned dining time? Any info or help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
When you called DCL and asked to be placed on the wait list for early seating did you tell them it's for medical reasons? That would be helpful.

We've been on the wait list on 5 of our DCL cruises (we like booking sort of last minute), and everyone of them came through. Some sooner (a month out) some later (2 days prior to cruise).

Cabanas is a sit-down table service with a menu of select items from the other MDRs menus. It's not open the first or last night of the cruise. You can dine there anytime during their dinner hours.

We had asked for that same request and it was granted. Didn't even have to ask once on ship.

We were wait listed for seven months and never got switched - it was a spring break cruise and close to sold out. I went to the location listed in the Navigator for MDR changes, lined up 30 minutes early, was second or third in line and got my change. They were prepared to switch a number of people. So be prepared, show up early, and hopefully you will get your change, if it is not changed earlier.

We changed both from late to early on first cruise and from early to late for an upcoming cruise. We may have been waitlisted the first time but our request came through. I don't think you need to worry. I would mention you prefer early due to medical issues, it may place you at the top of the waitlist.

When we first booked we had second seating. I kept checking about once a week, and maybe a month in (or less, can't remember exactly) I was able to change us to first.

But, as you mentioned, you can get food elsewhere before. I know lots of people who travel with younger kids will feed them early, then drop them off at nursery/kids club so the adults can enjoy the second seating dinner.

We are a success story as well. We were on a wait list for about four months and then we were moved to first seating. I don't know that I was officially notified that our request had gone through tho. I just remember making a payment and seeing the change on our reservation to "Main." I was pleasantly surprised! I'm thinking January may not be as crowded as some of the holiday times, so I believe you will be just fine.

Have a fantastic cruise!!!

We were wait listed for seven months and never got switched - it was a spring break cruise and close to sold out. I went to the location listed in the Navigator for MDR changes, lined up 30 minutes early, was second or third in line and got my change. They were prepared to switch a number of people. So be prepared, show up early, and hopefully you will get your change, if it is not changed earlier.
Me, too! However, I will say, that's the ONLY time I haven't been moved--that sold out spring break cruise. They moved us every other time. And they did keep trying to move us. Our head waiter knew and kept in touch with us. By night 3, we were comfortable with where we were.

Twice we were wait-listed and were moved to early dining. I think you'll be fine, especially since you have a very valid reason!

I'm sorry, where do you go to change to first seating? I'm on the waitlist like forever.....and I really want to change to the early seating.

I'm sorry, where do you go to change to first seating? I'm on the waitlist like forever.....and I really want to change to the early seating.
In the navigator you are given when you check in for your cruise at the terminal, it will tell you where you need to go for dining changes.

If you haven't been switched from Second to Main before your cruise, check the cover of your Navigator to find the time/location where you can make MDR times and get reservations for PALO/Remy. If you really want Main dinner badly, show up about 15 minutes early to get in line. Since you have a bigger party, I would be sure to get there early. We have not been able to switch only once, but I am always one of the first waiting.

So i'm assuming switching from First Seating to Second Seating wouldn't be much of a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!