Changing Deed with multiple contracts

elfbo

DIS Veteran
If you have multiple contracts, that were all deeded the same and are under the same account, if you change the deed on one contract, do you get a new account or does it stay under the old one?

I would contact Member Administration and ask them since it's their rules.

:earsboy: Bill

I am in the process of finishing up this process and for the contracts that were changed, I was assigned a new number - I'm adding the adult children to the contracts so they can have the same benefits...

I am in the process of finishing up this process and for the contracts that were changed, I was assigned a new number - I'm adding the adult children to the contracts so they can have the same benefits...

how much is this costing?

I remember that there is a basic price for the first contract no matter how many names you are adding and then I believe it's maybe 100 for each contract after that - I have to find my initial paperwork to fully answer your question - been crazy busy around here but I will research that in the next day or two - better yet, just calling member admin you would be able to get an exact answer much quicker...

If anyone is changing multiple contracts/deeds, ask DVC to put all of the ROFR together. That way you'll only have to record 2 pages and not say 8 for 4 contracts.

Dean said:
If anyone is changing multiple contracts/deeds, ask DVC to put all of the ROFR together. That way you'll only have to record 2 pages and not say 8 for 4 contracts.

I just sent in a transfer request for my contracts. I have multiple contracts at 2 resorts. I'm transferring into a trust. I listed all of the contracts on the same request form. Is there something else I should do? I believe I will have at least 2 recordings because I own VGC and Aulani.

I haven't heard back yet but wanted to know if I should contact member administration with additional information.

I just sent in a transfer request for my contracts. I have multiple contracts at 2 resorts. I'm transferring into a trust. I listed all of the contracts on the same request form. Is there something else I should do? I believe I will have at least 2 recordings because I own VGC and Aulani.

I haven't heard back yet but wanted to know if I should contact member administration with additional information.
I'd contact them if you have more than 2 total but not if you have only the 2 as you'll need closing and recordings separate regardless.

I'd contact them if you have more than 2 total but not if you have only the 2 as you'll need closing and recordings separate regardless.

I have 1 member account with 14 contracts split between 2 resorts.

(crazy but everytime we did an add on, I split it up to make it easier to give to our kids, and they would also be smaller contracts in case we decide to sell, yeah right!)

Will it be possible to just have 2 recording transactions (one for VGC and one for Aulani) rather than 14?

thanks for your help Dean, you have lots of answers :-)

I have 1 member account with 14 contracts split between 2 resorts.

(crazy but everytime we did an add on, I split it up to make it easier to give to our kids, and they would also be smaller contracts in case we decide to sell, yeah right!)

Will it be possible to just have 2 recording transactions (one for VGC and one for Aulani) rather than 14?

thanks for your help Dean, you have lots of answers :-)
I would presume so, I was able to put 4 on 1, one resort though. The reality is that it's not truly necessary for the ROFR to be recorded as long as Disney recognizes the new changes. I've always wondered what would happen if you didn't record it but did the deed or as in this case, if you recorded it one place but not both states. For CA and HI you'll need more help than FL.

The other question would be about combining separate deeds into one document, likely not a good idea but an interesting though.

So is this something that Disney has to do, or when our attorney records the deed change?
For the possibility of multiple contracts on one ROFR, DVC has to do this. All you really have to do is ask and if it's possible, they will do so. I'd put it on the original transfer request.

Dean said:
For the possibility of multiple contracts on one ROFR, DVC has to do this. All you really have to do is ask and if it's possible, they will do so. I'd put it on the original transfer request.

Thanks again for the information Dean. I will contact them.

We are working on this also. We are adding 4 children and grandchildren to 5 contracts, one grand getting 2 small ones. When I called member accounting they gave me prices, but then suggested that I check with title services to see if they could give me better prices.
The one we decided to use is Timeshare Title & More, much less expensive. One contract has been completed, but since we have a trip next month the other ones are on hold until we return. I will wind up with 4 member numbers which I am not looking forward to, but peace of mind is worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter