Changing Dates Question

budafam

DIS Veteran
I want to book for December next year but there's a chance that our dates might change due to cheaper flights. Do I have to pay any extra to change the dates??

I want to book for December next year but there's a chance that our dates might change due to cheaper flights. Do I have to pay any extra to change the dates??

You don't unless you are canceling a package after the 45-day drop off.

We opted for a room-only reservation in February because the schools are out for a week if there's no snow. (If we have snow, they have to start making up days that week instead of at the end of the year.) We can make changes/ cancellations up to 7 days before check-in.

You don't unless you are canceling a package after the 45-day drop off.

We opted for a room-only reservation in February because the schools are out for a week if there's no snow. (If we have snow, they have to start making up days that week instead of at the end of the year.) We can make changes/ cancellations up to 7 days before check-in.

Thanks! I'm hoping for free dining... I'll be able to add that on if it comes out, correct? Would I be better off reserving just a room or a package with tickets?

Thanks! I'm hoping for free dining... I'll be able to add that on if it comes out, correct? Would I be better off reserving just a room or a package with tickets?

It depends on how much of a deposit you want to leave.

Packages are a flat $200.00 deposit; room-only reservations are first night's deposit.

If you do get some sort-of discount, you would have to turn your room-only reservation into a package if it requires that. There are room-only discounts.

Also, a note, I wouldn't count on the typical free dining anytime soon. A very reliable source on the discount code and rates board says that Disney is cutting back on free dining and it will only be the QS plan at mods and deluxes - values will have no free dining. We will have to wait and see how it turns out. You can see some evidence of it already sprinkled in the latest discounts.

However, if a discount comes out that suits your needs, you can update your ressie, as long as it is available at the resort you are currently reserved for - you may have to make a decision to stay at another resort to take advantage of a discount.

If you book room only now and change to a package later, the room only will have to be cancelled/refunded and a package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit (or payment in full if it's done less than 45 days from arrival). You cannot convert a room only to a package just by adding tickets/DDP. Also, if you have a package and FD does come out for your dates, there has to be availability under the FD promo at the resort you have booked in order to have FD applied as having a reservation already in place does not guarantee a discount can be applied.

Ack! So confusing! K, thank you everyone! I think I may just look at renting points :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter