Changing Booking from One to Two Staterooms

shaycamp21

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 5 (myself, Dh and dd's 13, 12 and 9 months) cruising on the Fantasy in May and I am considering changing our booking from one stateroom to two connecting rooms so that we have more space. It seems a number of people have cancelled recently and many rooms now have become available. We have not paid off our cruise yet but will do so soon so we can begin booking Palo, excursions etc... at 90 days out (we are Silver Castaway members). So I am wondering if I change from one stateroom to two connecting staterooms will I have to pay current pricing or would we get the pricing when we first booked which was over a year ago? Thanks :goodvibes

We are a family of 5 (myself, Dh and dd's 13, 12 and 9 months) cruising on the Fantasy in May and I am considering changing our booking from one stateroom to two connecting rooms so that we have more space. It seems a number of people have cancelled recently and many rooms now have become available. We have not paid off our cruise yet but will do so soon so we can begin booking Palo, excursions etc... at 90 days out (we are Silver Castaway members). So I am wondering if I change from one stateroom to two connecting staterooms will I have to pay current pricing or would we get the pricing when we first booked which was over a year ago? Thanks :goodvibes

I believe you would pay what the rate was at the time of the oiginal booking, but I don't know if that would be for one room (since there was only one room on the original booking) or both.

:cutie:

If you change from one cabin to 2, you are going from one booking to 2. One booking will be billed at the original tier's cost as you are downgrading that one. The newly booked reservation for the second cabin will be billed at today's rates--at least that's my understanding.

DCL tracks things by reservation numbers, not by passenger names.

I think is better for you to keep your reservation to one room. If you book 2 room, the other room will be get today price, which it more expensive.

i want to do the same thing. I booked late so prices have not gone up since I booked, but it would still be quite a bit more to book 2 connecting verandahs. I could do 2 outside rooms for less than 1 verandah. I really want to do this, by my DH really wants the verandah. I've got a couple more weeks to decide before I need to pay in full.

If I were you, I would certainly call Disney or your TA and inquire about the cost to switch. If it is too much, then you politely say nevermind and stick with your existing reservation. Never hurts to ask!

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts