Changing an age on a Reservation?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by CrawfordMomof2, Jan 13, 2013.

1. CrawfordMomof2

CrawfordMomof2 Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone!

We booked our cruise for May of 2014 about 2 weeks ago. I was online getting ready to make a payment, when I realized that I messed up. :confused3

My kids will be 8 and 4 when we cruise, but Disney has them down as 8 and 8.

I'm sure with all of the excitement I probably either put the wrong age or DOB down for my youngest child.

Can I call Disney and have that updated? And if I do is there going to be a penalty? I really don't want to have to re-book. I'm going to call them tomorrow (Monday), but I thought you guys might be able to at least give me a heads-up of what to expect before then.

Thanks for your help!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. brianvdb

brianvdb Mouseketeer

Shouldn't be a problem... You can change passenger names/DOBs all you want up until 30 days prior to sailing (with the possible exception of the "lead name" on the reservation).

4. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

This far out there's no penalties for changes. Just call DCL and tell them you need to fix the age on one of your kids.

:cutie:

5. CrawfordMomof2

CrawfordMomof2 Mouseketeer

Thanks for your answers!

I tried to call Disney just to get it over with, and the anticipated wait time was " over 15 minutes ". I figure it probably doesn't help that it's Sunday evening either. But I will call them in the morning.

Thanks again!:woohoo:

6. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Probably have a skeleton crew on tonight. There will be no problem--call in the morning.

7. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

They would catch it at check in anyway. I made a mistake (my first one ever) and entered my daughter's birthdate as 1/26 instead of 1/25. When they swiped her passport - ERP ERP ERP! The CM just looked down and said 'wrong birthdate' and that was it. I asked if it could be permanently changed and the response was 'it just was.'

Nancy

8. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Yeah, but that was only by one day. OP has a problem with the age difference by several years. That's something DCL like to know to keep track on the numbers in the Club/Lab space.

:cutie:

9. shburks

shburks DIS Veteran

That's true but regardless if the child is 4 or 8 he/she would be in the club/lab.