Changing a Rez to another person (BOG related)

MickeyEer

Earning My Ears
After weeks (months?) of checking I scored BOG reservations at 4:00 am last night. We have 9 in our party. I booked 5 with my main MDE and 4 with my old MDE (both have me as the contact).

I need to get someone else's name on one of the reservations, right? Will they transfer one of the reservations over the phone or do we have to take our chances cancelling/re-booking through MDE? I am guessing they will not help over the phone, but wanted to see if anyone had success with any particular approach before I call them.

Also, if you are trying to get BOG, consider checking in the middle of the night. There was another time available and it stayed up for as long as it took me to make my reservations instead of poofing in seconds like they do during the day.

Restaurant reservations cannot be transferred to someone else. But if you have both reservations, then keep them. It will be obvious what is going on when you check in.

Ok, thanks. At one time I thought you could not have 2 ADRs within 2 hours of each other so I guess I was over-thinking it.

You can't. And you don't. Two people who happen to have the same name but different MDE accounts each have a reservation. Call this the loophole. The site won't allow you to book two reservations within 2 hours (or 90 minutes, somewhere in there) of each other, but once you have two reservations, there's nothing that sweeps through and deletes them.

You can't. And you don't. Two people who happen to have the same name but different MDE accounts each have a reservation. Call this the loophole. The site won't allow you to book two reservations within 2 hours (or 90 minutes, somewhere in there) of each other, but once you have two reservations, there's nothing that sweeps through and deletes them.

Thanks again. The other dad in my party just claims the 4 person ADR using my name. As there is no ticket/MB validation for ADRs, it will not matter that the ADR is under my old MDE without a valid ticket. BOG is so hard to get it is a little pathetic how paranoid I am about getting everyone in ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter