Changes to MK Wishes dessert party-Same Day Reservations

yulilin3

DIS Veteran
From the HUB

Because of the popularity of the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom Park, we are expanding the experience starting April 19 so that more Guests will be able to enjoy it. Same-day reservations will be available.

All Guests attending the fireworks dessert party will enjoy a variety of themed desserts at the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant as they do today. Then, Guests with same-day reservations move to the Plaza Garden area for the fireworks show, while Guests who have booked in advance will view the fireworks from the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant.

Pricing is $59 for adults and $35 for children, tax inclusive. Reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing location can be made in advance by visiting DisneyWorld.com/dine, or calling 407-WDW-DINE. Same-day reservations are available at the Tomorrowland Terrace podium starting at 10:30am each day.

Reactive FAQs:

Why is the Plaza Garden area being added to the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party experience?
Because of the popularity of the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom Park, we are expanding the experience starting April 19 so that more Guests will be able to enjoy it.

Will desserts be available in the Plaza Garden area?
No. All Guests attending the fireworks dessert party will enjoy a variety of themed desserts at the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant as they do today. Then, Guests with same-day reservations move to the Plaza Garden area for the fireworks show, while Guests who have booked in advance will view the fireworks from the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant.

Is there seating in the Plaza Garden area?
No.

I already have reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing area, but I would prefer to view the fireworks from the Plaza Garden area. Can I do that?
Yes. Space permitting, Guests who have already booked reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrace may opt to view the fireworks from the Plaza Garden area.

How can I book reservations for the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party with fireworks viewing in the Plaza Garden area?
Same-day reservations are available by visiting the Tomorrowland Terrace podium starting at 10:30am each day.

Haven't done the dessert party. I had assumed desserts were DURING the fireworks, but apparently not if same day purchaser's will eat first then leave for viewing. Was the Plaza Garden just open area previously, or roped off or restricted somehow?

Haven't done the dessert party. I had assumed desserts were DURING the fireworks, but apparently not if same day purchaser's will eat first then leave for viewing. Was the Plaza Garden just open area previously, or roped off or restricted somehow?
it was the Wishes fp area

No kidding - the "Plaza Garden" area is a far better viewpoint than tomorrowland terrace. Unless it's raining. :) I wonder if those who pre-reserve can get a choice?

And, frankly, I wonder what they're going to do with that area for NYE now.

wait wait wait. there is no more fast passes for wishes at all? how did i miss this. i actually really liked having a fast pass for wishes cause you can grab some ice-cream grab a seat in the back and my kids could just chill out and watch. i always thought it was worth the use for a fast pass.

Not surprised. So is there that much room by the desserts for everyone to sit beforehand? Or even to get to the desserts without a big wait?

There's tables and chairs for the party now so that was always fixed seating. (You used to be able to stand up by the railing but I've read here that that's no longer possible) Getting to the desserts is ... er... was easy... Can't say how that'll work now with a double sized crowd...

I wonder if they'll have a separate dessert station for the... outsiders... :)

I wonder if those who pre-reserve can get a choice?

From the original post:

From the HUB

I already have reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing area, but I would prefer to view the fireworks from the Plaza Garden area. Can I do that?

Yes. Space permitting, Guests who have already booked reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrace may opt to view the fireworks from the Plaza Garden area.

How will this work? Do they start serving a good while before the fireworks and is there extra seating for those who reserve the Plaza? And what if everyone moves to the Plaza area? Is there plenty of space there?

How will this work? Do they start serving a good while before the fireworks and is there extra seating for those who reserve the Plaza?

That's pretty much how the Wishes Dessert Parties have always worked.
You arrived an hour before Wishes and had desserts while waiting.

Last edited:
And what if everyone moves to the Plaza area? Is there plenty of space there?

As was addressed in the OP, guests with advance reservations may choose to view from the Hub area, "Space permitting."

From the HUB

Wouldn't that mess up the spacing in the garden area? (Assuming they sell as many spaces as they did FP+ spaces...)

No way that we know what they will or won't do.
And, whether they will make changes as things progress.
(They did make some changes as they went along when they originally opened the two (former) Hub FP+ areas.)

As was addressed in the OP, guests with advance reservations may choose to view from the Hub area, "Space permitting."
I guess that I wonder how many they will allow in. I foresee the possibility of people really being jammed in there. I've never paid much attention to the dessert facilities so I have no idea how many people that entails.

I guess that I wonder how many they will allow in. I foresee the possibility of people really being jammed in there.

No way that we know what they will or won't do.
And, whether they will make changes as things progress.
(They did make some changes as they went along when they originally opened the two (former) Hub FP+ areas.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter