Changes To Haunted Mansion after the Movie?

TinkerbellinLouisian

I think I'm going on my 21st visit in 47 years...
Hello Diser's !

DS20 and I are having a friendly argument....:rotfl:

He believes that the Haunted Mansion in MK/WDW was improved after the movie to match it more to the movie.....

(like POTC was)

I don't think any changes were made after the movie.:thumbsup2

Specifically he thinks the singing statues and the gypsy with the crystal ball were added after the movie.

I remember riding it when I was 10 years old..... (36 years ago) and the whole ride seems the same as it did then. (But my memory isn't what it used to be):lmao:

Any help / input on this one ?

Disney Hugs,:hug:

Mary

There was changes made to HM but I can't say they were related to movie. The stairway scene at beginng was added, the bride has changed some and the globe lady was enhanced but has always been there in all my rides.

The singing busts in the graveyard and Mademe Leota in the crystal ball have always been there, since the open of the attraction :)

It was refurbished after the movie, but no changes were made to make it like the movie. The woman in the ball was always there, in fact, I just watched a promotional WDW video from 1973. The Ghost Host voice was different, but the woman's is STILL the same today as it was 41 years ago! So, you are right. :thumbsup2

I for one am thankful they didn't add anything to Mansion from that horrendous flop of a movie.

The singing busts in the graveyard and Mademe Leota in the crystal ball have always been there, since the open of the attraction :)

This, though Leota in the crystal ball did not used to float. I swear the singing busts used to be in a different place, but I'm probably confusing those with the ones in the library that "follow" you. Kid memories. :sad2:

I'd say you are both right. You are right because the things you remember as a child are still there. Your boyfriend is right because changes were made since the movie, however I don't think the changes reflect the movie at all.

Yes, Madame Leoda in the crystal ball has always been there. Yes, the singing busts (statues) have always been there.

New within the past few years.......the topsy turvy staircase scene, the attic with all the wedding pictures of the deceased groomsman, the bride, the new interactive graveyard outside the mansion in the waiting line. One of the tombs does say something about Master Gracey who owned the mansion in the movie, so maybe that is what your boyfriend is referring to.

The Crystal ball used to sit on the table not float. The woman is the daughter of the origanal. (Keys to the Kingdom Tour info) The Bride's story is an additon but not from the movie. the Singing Bust and the Hitchhiking ghost have been Inhanced. Most notable the Hitchhiker that joins your Doombuggy for a while.

Also they most resently added some interactive elements to the Graveyard on the way into the Mansion.

To really settle the dispute take the Keys to the Kingdom Tour the next time you are there. Generally the Jungle Cruise and the Haunted Mansion are the 2 rides that they take you on.

I'd say you are both right. You are right because the things you remember as a child are still there. Your boyfriend is right because changes were made since the movie, however I don't think the changes reflect the movie at all.

Yes, Madame Leoda in the crystal ball has always been there. Yes, the singing busts (statues) have always been there.

New within the past few years.......the topsy turvy staircase scene, the attic with all the wedding pictures of the deceased groomsman, the bride, the new interactive graveyard outside the mansion in the waiting line. One of the tombs does say something about Master Gracey who owned the mansion in the movie, so maybe that is what your boyfriend is referring to.

Wow!

This thread must be HAUNTED.

I could swear that I read this exact same information somewhere before!

;)

One of the tombs does say something about Master Gracey who owned the mansion in the movie, so maybe that is what your boyfriend is referring to.

Yale Gracey is one of the imagineers who oringally worked on HM. Lots of shout-outs to imagineers on that ride, including Madame Leota.

As far as I can tell, nothing was done to make it more like the original movie. The question is...will they make further changes after the upcoming movie?

Hello Diser's !

DS20 and I are having a friendly argument....:rotfl:

He believes that the Haunted Mansion in MK/WDW was improved after the movie to match it more to the movie.....

(like POTC was)

I don't think any changes were made after the movie.:thumbsup2

Specifically he thinks the singing statues and the gypsy with the crystal ball were added after the movie.

I remember riding it when I was 10 years old..... (36 years ago) and the whole ride seems the same as it did then. (But my memory isn't what it used to be):lmao:

Any help / input on this one ?

Disney Hugs,:hug:

Mary

IIRC, the gypsy was updated, but it did exist before the movie. The singing statues were there as well--I remember getting stuck by them before the 2009 refurb.

it's actually the movie that added the singing busts and the crystal ball, from the ride.

The movie was awful and wasn't a hit..that's likely why you don't see any effort to tie the ride specifically to the movie.

AH! So I AM RIGHT! Love Disboards !

(BTW - it's my SON I'm having the discussion with.... LOL)

Thank you everyone for your replies !

(Brock - are you seeing this ??? MOM Is right again! LOVE YOU!)

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter