Change User Name

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Tracy and David, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Tracy and David

Tracy and David Earning My Ears

Is there a way to change my username.
    I tried registering and it said my email was already in use. I requested a new password because I didn't remember ever using this site before and discovered I must have registered many years ago when I was married.
    I have since divorced and am no longer part of Tracy and David and would like to change my user name so I can continue using this profile.

Any chance of this?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sweettears

Sweettears 50 years of Disney and counting

I don't believe there is. I think that you need to create a new user account.

4. lovetoscrap

lovetoscrap Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there. Moderator

It is not possible to change your username. You can go ahead and change the email address on this account (make one up if you don't have an alternate account to use) and then reregister with your preferred email.

:welcome: back!

5. jodistrock

jodistrock Avid "Disneyac" in my spare time

Well, Darn! I too would like to change my user name... but I guess I can live with it the way it is :sad1:

6. lovetoscrap

lovetoscrap Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there. Moderator

Most people choose not to change their user name because they have a high post count and don't want to go back to 0. You only have 6 posts so there isn't really any reason not to just go ahead and start a new account.

7. HoltDisney07

HoltDisney07 Mouseketeer

Wishing I wouldn't have put my actual name in my username. Is changing a user name a complicated process? I am surprised it can't be done by the user. Other forums I have been on allow a user to do this under their user settings. I understand not wanting to put extra work on the admins though.

8. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Techarita Moderator

The admins told us that they do have reasons not to change the usernames. We recommend putting a fake email in the current name and just register with a new one.