Change to July 17 Cruise from Barcelona to Southampton

Well, Taormina on Your Own is sold out, as well as the one I picked. Guess I will hang with it and ditch the guide if needed-lol. Thankfully, I have booked private everywhere else. I'll keep watching for cancellations. If not, we will make the best of it and sneak off.

It's funny, because I put so much time into planning Rome, Athens, the Amalfi coast, Mykonos, and Santorini, that I never took the time to really research Sicily and viewed it as a sort of "well, this tour looks fine, but I don't really expect much," sort of stop, but it turned out to be on my favorites.
Hmmm- this is how we felt too. It won't be a disaster to go with Disney though. We will figure it out

Well, Taormina on Your Own is sold out, as well as the one I picked. Guess I will hang with it and ditch the guide if needed-lol. Thankfully, I have booked private everywhere else. I'll keep watching for cancellations. If not, we will make the best of it and sneak off.

I wouldn't sweat it. About 70% of the group was gone by the time we reached the theater, and they do give you time on your own when it's over. We just handed our mikes to the guide and said we would meet at the bus at the designated time. You may get lucky and get a great guide, and if you don't, you can just turn it into an explore on your own. Have fun!

It's funny, because I put so much time into planning Rome, Athens, the Amalfi coast, Mykonos, and Santorini, that I never took the time to really research Sicily and viewed it as a sort of "well, this tour looks fine, but I don't really expect much," sort of stop, but it turned out to be on my favorites.
I may have been on the same cruise as you last year. Booked the cruise because of the port of Messina so we could get back to Taormina. I’ve been fortunate enough to spend 9 nights in Taormina a few years back.
I’ve been blessed to see quite a bit of this world but Taormina is very high on my list of favorites.

Messina - I didn't realize Disney used different ports, since even the Celebrity cruise we had booked out of Barcelona this summer (canceled) was using Messina too. You are right, Taormina wouldn't be a good option, with a three hour drive, and Disney's tendency to schedule usually short port days. I apologize for giving information that may not be helpful for this particular cruise, however, Sicily has so many cool towns, I would be thrilled to be stopping there, regardless of the port. Palermo in itself looks pretty cool.
We're in Messina with NCL this summer and doing Taormina so I appreciated your post. Just didn't want the OP to try to get there from Palermo!

We lost Naples on our June 24 cruise. The sole reason I booked this cruise. We haven’t been offered any credit.
we're on the same cruise. disappointed we wont get to visit the Amalfi coast on this trip, but Mallorca isn't a bad consolation prize. i wish they'd hurry up and get the Mallorca excursions out there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter