Change to Dollar 'Lock Low and Go'?

JEANMR1

Mouseketeer
I had booked that rate for my 9/29 to 10/9 trip which guarantees me a midsized or larger car. When trolling around on their website to see if the price went down, I noticed the 'Lock Low and Go' rate now guarantees a Compact size or larger. I wonder if that has changed for all ressies going forward or just my time period. The rate went WAY up anyway so I'm keeping my midsize or larger rate for now anyway.

Interesting, you're right. This is the first time I've seen a Lock Low & Go say "Compact or Higher". I'll check with my Dollar/Thrifty contact to see if this is something he's aware of.

That said, I'm guessing if you have a printout of your reservation where it says "Midsize and higher" that the location would honor it. Seems like a pretty straightforward customer service issue.

Of course, you could just book the car that you want with AutoSlash.com and see what happens. You have quite a bit of time before your pickup date, so it's highly likely that we will be able to beat the rate you currently have by the pickup date. We're 100% free, so you don't have much to lose. :)

I had booked that rate for my 9/29 to 10/9 trip which guarantees me a midsized or larger car. When trolling around on their website to see if the price went down, I noticed the 'Lock Low and Go' rate now guarantees a Compact size or larger. I wonder if that has changed for all ressies going forward or just my time period. The rate went WAY up anyway so I'm keeping my midsize or larger rate for now anyway.

I confirmed that Dollar/Thrifty changed their policy from "midsize or larger" to "compact or larger" a few weeks back. As stated previously, if you can printout a copy of your reservation that says "midsize or larger" and bring it with you, then you are probably ok. Otherwise it's possible you might be given a compact.

I just had 2 reservations with Dollar last week, both of them "lock low and go" and we ended up with Ford Crown Victorias, I was actually hoping for something smaller, mostly a Dodge Charger, car drove nice though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter