Change in Sci Fi's Hours?

DsnyDrmr

My DH calls it OCD; I call it effective planning ;
Hi All :wave2:

My first post--I admit I've been lurking for about 2 mos and have found some great info on all the forums--thanks everyone, this is a tremendous help for a first-timer! Planning a family trip with my husband and 3 boys in August. Called to get PS for the Sci-Fi and H&V (Fantasmic pkg) today. When I requested a time close to 11 am, the CM said it does not open until noon (according to all sites I visited and all my books it lists 11 am start) :confused3, did I want to try Prime Time or another rest? Really want to try Sci Fi, so I got a 12:05. Right now I've got PS for 4:10 for H&V and really don't want to have that short a period between meals. Went with the earlier H&V to guarantee seeing the parade if it's still going off at 5:30. I may end up changing the H&V time to later once we know the August park hrs. Maybe we will just forgo the Sci Fi and do Pizza Planet since all the boys are Toy Story fans. Seeking opinions--is it worth it to do the Sci Fi, should I forgo a TS meal and just get CS?? This is driving me crazy. Thanks!

If you cant change you dinner PS to a later time as your trip gets closer
Id plan on something light at SciFi and keep both PSs

I booked a PS about 5 weeks ago for our trip in June. I was told they didn't open until noon and I got PS for 5 at 12:15. I called back last night and got a PS for 11. I heard about a week ago that they started booking for earlier times. We leave in 10 days so about 2 - 3 weeks before your trip, call back and see if they have earlier times.

I also booked 11:05 at Sci Fi and was able to book a later time for Hollywood & Vine just this week for the Fantasmic Dinner Package. We are only about 19 days before our trip. They open up more hours around the 30 day mark and even less than that. I was 18 days out.

I think if it's a morning EMH hour too, they have 11:00 Sci Fi times right away. I found that out last year.

I just called today to make all my PSs for our August trip and was told the same thing for both Sci-fi and Marrakesh so I took 12 times and maybe as it gets closer I'll move them up. Our dinner times aren't until 5 though so 12 is probably ok...I'll decide later I guess - I'm just glad to have all my PSs made! :cool1:

Thanks, everyone! I knew I could find some help here! I'll just try calling when it gets closer to our dates. Jenbren--I, too, am glad to be done with making all the PS's even though I had only 4 to make, but I've called the last 3 days in a row--maybe tomorrow I can sleep in, though am still contemplating one more PS at O'hanas for a another character breakfast--it is so tempting!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter