Chances of VGT rates in January?

Himmin

Mouseketeer
We are hoping to be doing a Caribbean cruise on the fantasy, this January, we have just had twins and so money is really tight, I know historically January always has reduced (pay in full at time of booking) fares, what are the chances this year does anyone have any idea?

TIA

It's happened in the past, but there never is a guarantee for the future. You'll only have a month, maybe 2 before the sailing date. The other issue is that in the meantime the cruise prices will keep going up up up. And any discounted rate will be off the current at the time rates. So there's that too. Congratulations on the babies. Must be tough but lots of love!

Just fyi - the minimum sailing age for babies is 6 months. Not sure if you're planning on taking your twins or leaving them with a grandparent.

I would agree about a chance for it happening. I saw discounted rates in Jan 2015 but they were limited.

I think you have a good chance but I have noticed that this year the VGTs are being offered later or for a shorter time and the price is higher. We have a fantasy cruise booked in December (not VGT) and the VGT rate for the week before us was up for only 1 or 2 days and the price was about $1000 more than the vgt price for that week last year (I know because we sailed around that time last year and I was price watching). Our on board booking discount for a cat 5 verandah was a better deal than VGT this time (that has never happened to us before, we have lost the deposit after the PIF date to get the significantly cheaper VGT rate before).

Thanks, my babies will old enough but thanks for your concern!

I know they seem a little more. I am hoping for around $4k or less for 2A and two babies under one.

I keep checking every day or so but once pif date has gone will definitely check every day!

Thanks

We tried this a couple of times this last year and it never worked for us. We thought we could get a last minute discount. Instead the rates just skyrocketed. I don't know if we were unlucky or what, but it seems like they barely offer these rates. If anything they give military and Florida resident discounts. We ended up booking a couple of cruises as the new dates were released for next year.

We got a great deal on a VGT rate for this past January. It came out mid November I believe. We paid around $3000 for 3, 7 nights on the Fantasy. I don't know if that's a time when these rates are more common..
For example we were looking in May of this year for any discounted rate IGT/OGT or VGT and there was nothing. Whereas in 2014 there was tons! You never know, but here is hoping ;)

Next year, the Fantasy is doing Star Wars cruises on their Western routes. Prices have skyrocketed, so I would say slim to none for those cruise.

You might get a good Eastern deal if a lot of people have switched to the SW cruises. But there isn't any way to tell without just waiting.

I would look at availability not price to determine if there is going to be GT rates. Just because the price has gone up a lot doesn't mean they wont offer them it just means they won't be that great. GT rates are usually about 20-30% off the lowest priced room in that category. If I cruise has not gone up in price or gone up very little then you can get a great rate well below opening day prices. If it's gone up a lot then the discount may bring it back down to opening day prices or it could be way above opening day prices.

Last Feb there was a cruise on the magic that had not gone up in price since opening day. When they offered GT rates the cost of a family of 4 booking a cat 9c went from 4700 to an OGT at 3300. We ended up being assigned 9a. We got a great deal on that cruise. I just booked a 7 day cruise out of Galveston. A cat 9c would have cost me 4400. The OGT I paid was 3217.00. That cruise had gone up slightly since opening day. I have booked GT rates in January and the first week of June that brought the price right back to opening day prices.

I hope that makes sense. Since the prices of the January cruises have gone up alot in price I wouldn't expect great GT rates, but if there's still a lot of availability they will probably offer them. I wouldn't expect prices to go up anymore at this point. Your just about past the PIF date so your best bet is to just wait and see what DCL does. I would expect to see them about mid November.

Thanks, I booked the 23rd January cruise as soon as the VGT Came available! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter