chances of staying at the wilderness lodge villas

renae3

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. I have been trying for a while to get a 1 bedroom villa at the wilderness lodge in June and have been unable to do so. Why are they so hard to get and should I look elsewhere? Thanks!

Are you trying to book on points as a DVC member, or for a cash reservation through Disney? If you're a DVC member, do you own at VWL , or at another resort? What time period are you trying to book?

If you're not a DVC member, the primary way a VWL villa becomes available to the general public is if a VWL owner trades out for a non-DVC property, and DVC 'sells' a villa to Disney to pay for the exchange. So at any given time, the pool of available villas is pretty small. Villas can also become available as it gets closer to your dates; DVC also makes unused villas available to the public. Again, this is not a large number of villas; VWL is a very small, very popular resort.

Let us know when and how you're trying to book, and we'll provide whatever advice we can.

Hi everyone. I have been trying for a while to get a 1 bedroom villa at the wilderness lodge in June and have been unable to do so. Why are they so hard to get and should I look elsewhere?

The Villas @ Wilderness Lodge is the smallest DVC property with a total of only 136 units total. The owners usually book at the 11 month window and they really love staying at this resort.

While Disney does own part of the membership and has rooms available to rent through CRO they don't have that much available.

My advise would be to book other accommadations for now, then keep trying for the Villas @ Wilderness Lodge.

The seven month time frame for members to make reservations at non-home resorts just opened for June. You may have better luck in a few months.

Did you try swavacations.com? Southwest's airlines vacation booking site. The villas are available on their site for June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter