Chances of early check-in?

cheryterese

DIS Veteran
What are the chances of an early check-in? It'll be a Wednesday in February (not during President's week). We'll be arriving around noon at POR. Thanks!

It's hard to say, but there's a good chance. I've had 3 trips where I've arrived between 10 and noon, and my rooms always been available. All 3 trips were during slower times of the year: first week of March (back when that time was still considered value season), third week of August, and third week of September.

I'd recommend you do online checkin. It asks what time you anticipate arriving.

It's hard to say, but there's a good chance. I've had 3 trips where I've arrived between 10 and noon, and my rooms always been available. All 3 trips were during slower times of the year: first week of March (back when that time was still considered value season), third week of August, and third week of September.

I'd recommend you do online checkin. It asks what time you anticipate arriving.

I will do that - thank you so much for the tip! I'm happy to hear there's a good chance. I was thinking since it's mid-week during a slow time of the year it might be possible, but you never know. I'll keep my fingers crossed, and do online check-in! If not, we will just head to Epcot until mid-evening but settling in will be in the back of my mind the whole time. I'm just wired that way!

I presume that OP is asking about actually getting into a room, not simply checking in. Just to be clear; you can checkin anytime that day but room availability is a different question.

We've found that doing online checkin helps us actually get into a room early perhaps 75% of the time.

I presume that OP is asking about actually getting into a room, not simply checking in. Just to be clear; you can checkin anytime that day but room availability is a different question.

We've found that doing online checkin helps us actually get into a room early perhaps 75% of the time.

Right, I do mean actually getting into the room. Would love to be able to unpack and take the kids for a swim and then head to Epcot for the rest of the day instead of the other way around. Hopeful!

Thanks for clarifying that. I missed addressing that part.

Most of the time I've been able to get my room early, I usually check in between 8 & 10:00 am, (we always go Value season, late Aug or late Jan.) but sometimes not.
I was really surprised last Aug, 3rd week, when we arrived at AKL, and it was at 100% occup. So we just left our bags with Bell Service, and went to a water park. I had a day bag packed just in case room wasn't ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter