Chances of booking Palo brunch on board?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by VAB2013, Mar 8, 2013.

1. VAB2013

VAB2013 Earning My Ears

We are taking our first Disney cruise this May :cool1:

I tried to book Palo brunch for hubby and I but there is no availability. Where do I go to book once on the ship? What are the chances of scoring a reservation?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BoosGram

BoosGram Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.

You don't mention what length of cruise you are taking. If you are taking a 3- or 4-day, then slim to none, since Palo brunches are only on sea days. On a 7-day, I'd suggest checking online every day, because stuff happens and you never know when one could become available.

Where you book depends on the ship and the CMs in port should be able to tell you where you need to go.

Good luck! We love Palo brunches and hope you get a chance to enjoy.

4. VAB2013

VAB2013 Earning My Ears

We are on a 4 day. Does DCL not hold back some reservations for on board booking?

5. EllinK

EllinK Mouseketeer

On a 7 day, your chances are very good. As soon as your board, you will likely be able to book it without a problem. We have in the past.

6. dsnydaddy

dsnydaddy DIS Veteran

Yes, Disney holds back some reservations for on board booking. You need to go directly to where they are doing the Palo reservations as soon as you board. Do not hesitate. I've yet to be turned down. If your boarding time is late you may be out of luck and have to go on a waiting list.

7. Genie-In-Training

Genie-In-Training Earning My Ears

That's good advice. On our Dream cruise, I went to get Palo reservations 5 minutes after they started. The first few people in line got in for brunch. I was about 8 back in the line. I was put on the waiting list and didn't get in. If you want to try, I'd get there early. Good luck.

8. m&m's mom

m&m's mom <font color=deeppink>Waiting for the waterless cru

Let me add- do this even if the posted hours of taking Palo reservations differs. I have done this for 5 cruises; a 4 day, 2 7 days, a 5 day and a 15 day, and have gotten even Palo brunch every time.

9. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Are you on the Dream (or Fantasy)?

Go up to the Palo/Remy desk on Deck 12 Aft as soon as you can. Go no matter what the posted time for taking reservations is. They were doing it earlier up there. It may work unless your boarding time is late.

10. castmbr

castmbr DIS Veteran

Be wary of what the castmember who greets you as you arrive on the ship tells you! Palo brunch was my focus when we first arrived so I asked where to go to book as soon as we got there and she said "at Palo/Remy". We literally ran up there to find it deserted at which point I read the Navigtor in my hand, which said Royal Palace for bookings and changes to dining. Mis-information makes me crazy!

11. VAB2013

VAB2013 Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone! We are so excited for our first cruise! If we don't get into Palo brunch this time it just gives us an excuse to go again :cool1:

12. cruzisme

cruzisme Earning My Ears

We are on the Wonder

Where do we go to check for a Palo brunch reservation?
    TIA

13. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Most of the time, Wavebands is where Palo reservations are handled on embarkation day. That being said, you'll need to check your Navigator you get when you check in to confirm this. Sometimes they move it.

14. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

Usually it's Wavebands, but you will get a Navigator in the terminal before you even board so check that before making assumptions.

15. TDC Nala

Despite what the Navigator says, they actually do book at the Palo/Remy desk, and often earlier than mentioned in the Navigator. I've done it twice within the past year.

16. dsnydaddy

dsnydaddy DIS Veteran

I've found that if there's someone there they will handle bookings at the Palo/Remy desk

17. TDC Nala

Having done it on all my Dream/Fantasy cruises I was not aware that there were times that nobody was there past 12:30 or so. In that case you will have to go to the designated place. Every time I've done it there were CMs there and a line (not a long one).