Chance of Upgrade Better with Disney Booked Res.?

kovets

Mouseketeer
I know free upgrades are rare and should never be counted on, but do you think someone with a reservation made directly with Disney would have a better chance at getting one than someone who has a reservation with a travel agent?

Perhaps people who have recevied these upgrades in the past can chime in ...

Thanks!

I know free upgrades are rare and should never be counted on, but do you think someone with a reservation made directly with Disney would have a better chance at getting one than someone who has a reservation with a travel agent?

Perhaps people who have recevied these upgrades in the past can chime in ...

Thanks!

Absolutely no bearing on an upgrade....DCL really does not care who you booked with. Upgrades are done based on inventory requirements on a particular cruise.

MJ

The pixie dust falls where it will. It doesn't matter if you book with a TA, DVC, or DCL, whether you are a first time cruiser or platinum, or anything else we've been able to figure out. If there is any logic, second and third timers seem to get upgraded more than first of higher multiples.

DCL upgrades to meet their needs, not our wishes!

I booked thru dreams unlimited and there is just one adult with two kids, so I really didn't think there was any chance for an upgrade..... but we got upgraded to a white wall veranda from a window room.

Perhaps people who have received these upgrades in the past can chime in ...

Thanks!

As other PP's have said any Upgrade is for DCL operational reasons and you cannot buck the trend, TA/DIRECT, No difference, Booking EARLY/LATE, no difference.

From stuff I saw, and from guidebooks, the following have a small increase chance of upgrade:-

Cat 12 bookings, (More if you book with 4 people as they have to upgrade)

GTY, Guarantee bookings, have a slight increased change of upgrade, as people booking set staterooms, actually like location etc, and may not want to move, so if you haven't a room number, on GTY, you may get an upgrade.

I differ from other posters as I understand FIRST TIME cruisers, have the highest chance of any upgrade. The cruiseline logic, is thats the time to tempt you with an upgraded room as you will most likely rebook that upgraded room, and not go back down. By the time you are on your second or third cruise, you are set in your ways experienced different types and most likely would still rebook the lower Cat. -so get em early is the policy.

This is 'unwritten policy' of many cruiselines.

We were first time cruisers and about a week before sailing, we got an upgrade. Good thing they called early as we flew in to Orlando a few days before the cruise. Anyway, our upgrade was from a Category 8 Oceanview, deck 7 to a Category 5 balcony, deck 7, clear plexiglass room. My wife was very happy as she wanted to book a balcony. Our upgrade was free. The room was great, closer to the drink refill area and close to the stairs in the rear of the ship.

We use a Travel Agent from AAA. We did book early, in April 2009 for a January 2010 sailing, before the kids sail free deals were announced.

:yay:The view from our stateroom was great and I enjoyed watching the crew load the ship when leaving Castaway Cay and when they waved goodbye with Mickey hands. We will probably always book a balcony in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter