Chance of a 1 bedroom in sept.

Disney Kim

Mouseketeer
I am closing our resale this week and buying an add one...
Me and my DH currently have a reservation for sept 2-9 (at CSR)

I was just wondering, What do you think the chances of switching that and using our points for a 1 bedroom?? Is that a busy time?
I was hoping to make it for OKW, do you think its too late being only two months out??

You have a chance of getting a 1 bedroom for September, but often availability at 60 days out is quite limited. At that point, DVC often sends any remaining unreserved points rooms over to CRO to rent out to the general public for cash. DVC members still have access to the rooms, but they are competing with the general public for them.

Keep in mind that September is "free dining" time for the cash resorts and that Disney is moving many of the guests who booked AKL due to the construction noise. Sounds like many of the relocated are going to SSR and OKW.

So make your reservation as soon as you can - good luck!

Thanks, I hope my points are in by the end of the week!!!

If It doesn't work out I can keep my CSR reservation.

But I am hoping to use points.. we will see I guess!!!

I think you have a pretty good chance, but I would call asap! September is a pretty dead month here for tourists, as most everyone is back in school. I think we pretty much only see the homeschoolers!

We live in Florida and often call and get rooms (not at peak time, obviously) Sept-May with only a couple weeks notice. But the closer to the time, the bigger chance you are taking and the less picky you can be! It's pretty much take what you can get! If you have your heart set on certain size or resort than the earlier the better.

Good luck!

Since that is over the holiday weekend, I think it might be a bit more difficult than most September times, but a 1 bedroom will be the easiest ressie to get.

Just last friday we managed to book a 1 bed standard view in BWV for sept 3rd-7th. We really wanted the 2nd-7th but the second was fully booked.

We really want a preferred view so have waitlisted for that, but I'm just happy being at the boardwalk.

Alba
:)

Just last friday we managed to book a 1 bed standard view in BWV for sept 3rd-7th. We really wanted the 2nd-7th but the second was fully booked.

We really want a preferred view so have waitlisted for that, but I'm just happy being at the boardwalk.

Alba
:)

That gives me hope... :cool1:

I called this morning and our resale should be closing today or tomorrow (I guess they are waiting to hear back from Disney)

I'm flexible with dates sort of, I would like to go 6-7 nights between the 2nd and the 10th...

I hope we can get something ... I hope we are in the system soon after we close to see what I can get

I just canceled my entire Sept trip in a studio at OKW and then made it for a 1br.

I know everyone says it is hard to get a reservation but OKW is the best for getting a room because it is so big. I think you will be fine but do remember for other resorts it may get very difficult to get a last minute trip.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome home.:love:

Thanks for all the luck everyone!!

We added our 100 points at AKL today and got a reservation at Boardwalk Villas for our dates in September!!! *YAY*

I'm so excited...!!!!:cool1:

Congrats! That gives me hope. We are waiting to close in the next week or two, and would like to add on with the developers points at that time if we can find a 1bd for that same week.

Did you happen to ask what else was available at that time? We would love a 1bd at VWL for those same exact dates.

Wish us luck and a quick closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter