Champagne, Wine, Martini, Whiskey Tasting

You sign up at guest services once you are on the cruise. My wife and I did the Mixology on the Wonder this September. Here is a picture of our first four drinks:
229282_3676260424710_73966617_n.jpg

That's a Martini, I believe some kind of Mojito, a Cadillac Margarita, and a Long Island Iced Tea. Not pictured is a Lemon Drop shot. This was $15, and we drank all 5 drinks within an hour. My wife left giggling for like an hour. After a quick trip to Pinocchio's Pizza we both took a two hour nap.

My wife doesn't really drink, but after this class, she wants to do another one next cruise, as well as the Mojito class.

Sounds like fun! Are there other options available? For instance, I'd enjoy the champagne tasting, my husband not so much. Could he come along, and just drink coffee or something?He'd be interested in learning, but not so much drinking. And vice versa if it came to something else, like beer.

There was a pregnant wife in our group who did not drink. I believe she brought in a coffee. They didn't charge her, she just hung out and watched us all get silly. She really didn't catch on to why the joke about her being the designated driver was so much funnier when it was told for the 5th time after as many drinks. :rotfl2:

We have done the wine, champagne, beer, tequila/margarita, and mixology. All were good. The mixology and champagne ones were our favorite.

That's a Martini, I believe some kind of Mojito, a Cadillac Margarita, and a Long Island Iced Tea. Not pictured is a Lemon Drop shot. This was $15, and we drank all 5 drinks within an hour. My wife left giggling for like an hour. After a quick trip to Pinocchio's Pizza we both took a two hour nap.

My wife doesn't really drink, but after this class, she wants to do another one next cruise, as well as the Mojito class.

We had the same thing happen with our mixology class. We were both feeling pretty good. We went up to the pool deck, ate pizza, and slept on the chair by the pool for a couple hours. Slept right through dinner service. :teeth:

I just shared all your feedbacks with DH, we are both very excited and can't wait. We will sign up for as many of these as ppossible. DH took bartening classes and loves to entertain...so this is up his alley.

:thanks:

After reading all of the comments, I am even more excited about our Fantasy cruise in a couple of weeks (Dec 1st)! My brother, SIL and mom will be on the cruise and, though my mom won't do the hard liquor tastings, she'll have a blast with the champagne and wine tastings. I need to let my brother know that his first stop upon boarding is Guest Services to get us signed up!!

I'm a huge champagne gal and tequila gal... can't wait to try the different tequilas!

Sign me up!!

Michelle

Oh, I forgot to mention that DH and DBIL did both the whiskey and cognac tasting this past cruise. They're really enjoyed those too. DH said that he liked the cognac tasting better.

We did the Whiskey Tasting...which was ok only because the bartender's knowledge of whiskey (he was very young) was mostly from what he picked up from Google...he pretty straight about it...however, it was still fun.

Mixology...great time...our bartender, Tibor, was phenomanal...he's originally from Hungary. Very very experienced and knowledgable...though I believe MIL and I make better mojitos...everything else was AMAZING!

Tequila/Margarita Tasting AMAZING...DH went to it reluctantly. Both of us ready for the worst and thinking of our previous bad experiences with tequila...OH BOY was this a learning experience! Our bartender was Oscar from Colombia. Truly a learing experience. It's not the tequila that will get you sick but the quality of the tequila. I'm just going to say that not only did we leave with a different perpective about tequila, but we left loving it. We even had Gran Patrón Burdeos straight up for $55 one drink...and we have never spent that much $ in one drink...lol

Oscar soon became our best friend and we were sad to leave him behind, along with all the wonderful CM that made our vacation more special than the last.

In each of the tastings we socialized with wonderful families...

Looking forward to our next cruise and which tasting we will sign up for...:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

we did MArtini class last summer on DReam, really fun, and it was just us and our friends, bartender was very generous,, well worth the $$,, and we went the next night to get more cocktails
I want to do mixology, sounds fun,, also champagne sounds fun too, not sure if they will have that on the 4 night DReam next month?

we did MArtini class last summer on DReam, really fun, and it was just us and our friends, bartender was very generous,, well worth the $$,, and we went the next night to get more cocktails
I want to do mixology, sounds fun,, also champagne sounds fun too, not sure if they will have that on the 4 night DReam next month?

Look for Oscar the bartender in 687, LOVE him!
And Tibor for Mixology, he's the barender in Skyline and he bartends Serenity Bay early in the day.

They had the Champagne tasting in our 4nt cruise but we didnt do it...I hope they have it during your cruise...enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter