Champagne on the plane...and carrying in sparkling cider

Familymoon

Mouseketeer
We'd like some kind of celebratory drink either our first night there (on the balcony of our offsite suite) or we thought maybe on the plane. Do they still sell little bottles of champagne on planes (SWA)? I don't want to bring a full sized bottle since we won't have room in the minifridge...and since I am pregnant and can't really drink much of it (perhaps a half glass).

I also thought about carrying on a bottle of our family-favorite Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider (putting two bottles on each table at the reception to share with our guests for the toast) :)
Any tips for transporting it in our carryon (I don't want it to be checked and take the chance of it blowing up in the luggage).

I don't think you should drink ANY champagne if you are pregnant.

Problem solved!

IF you want to bring in outside liquor/sparkling cider to the reception, if you are having a Disney Fairytale wedding, you will have to call your EM for permission. We gave out airline size bottles of Bailey's with gift tags as our wedding favor for the adults at our reception (my married name is Bailey), and we had to get prior approval from the executive chef at Epcot catering for them to be allowed within the Living Seas. The wedding contract states that you are not allowed to bring in anything that has a brand name (a form of advertisement) at the wedding/reception - and as I said, they allowed us to do it, but we did have to have proper approval.
I'm not sure about Southwest's drink offerings. But being that you are pregnant, I would go for the small toast in your hotel room. Although having a few sips of champagne shouldn't hurt at all, if for some reason it ends up making you sick, I'd rather be on the ground in a hotel room rather than trying to use a barf bag on a plane!

Marne
06-16-03
WP/LS

You should be able to get away with carrying champagne or sparkling cider in your carry-on bag. They won't explode (very unlikely, anyway).

However, why not just buy these things at a grocery store in Orlando? It would save your shoulders -- bottles get heavy!

Every time we go to Disney, we bring back a bottle of their Fairytale Cuvee champagne. I just ask the cashier to wrap in in tissue paper and we put it in our carryons. Never had a problem. Just make sure it's well padded with tissue paper or bubble wrap.

Thanks for all the tips. You are absolutely right - I think the sparkling cider is readily-available at most grocers, so we'll just pick that up there. However, the split of Asti I'll be sure to bring along with my big ol' box of truffles ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter